7 Amazing Ways to Improve a PPC Campaign
Pay-per-click (PPC) campaign is one of the most effective marketing technique to get quality traffic to your site. When used properly, PPC campaigns often turn out to be more effective than outbound marketing methods. The best part is that PPC campaigns are relatively cheaper than outbound marketing campaigns. However, poorly planned and launched PPC campaigns will not give you the desired results. Under such circumstances, you need to go back and look at what went wrong and implement strategies that will improve your PPC campaign. Let us discuss the seven most effective ways to improve your PPC campaign.
- Personalize Your PPC Campaign
A personalized PPC campaign ensures that your money, time, and effort are spent on reaching an audience that is relevant to the product or service that you are offering. PPC Experts will tell you that personalization will help improve your conversion rate. In order to personalize your PPC campaign, you have to first understand the demographics and psychographics of your prospective customers. The demographics refer to the age, gender, marital status, and income of your audience. Psychographics refers to the psychological and emotional factors that influence their purchasing decisions. Once you know who to target, you can use various targeting methods to reach your audience.
- Customized Affinity Targeting: This simply means that you are targeting a customized audience. For example, you are selling skincare products. It would improve your conversion rate greatly if you target those who are looking for skincare product rather than targeting those who are looking for beauty and fitness products.
- Content Targeting: You want your ads on sites that use keywords similar to yours. This will help drive targeted traffic to your site.
- In-market Targeting: This is a great way to improve your PPC campaign because you are targeting those who are in the market looking for product or service that you are selling. For example, when somebody is browsing Amazon and other similar site looking for furniture, you can target them by placing your ads on these sites and enticing the visitors to click on your ad.
- Revisit Your Ad
Poorly designed ads are often the main cause of PPC campaigns’ failure. It is important to remember that it is the ad that the visitor will click on and will then be directed towards your landing page. So you want to make sure that your ad stands out from your competition. You would also want to evaluate whether your ad is relevant to your keywords. If your ad is not designed around your keywords, you will get irrelevant traffic to your site. Relevant keywords in your ad will improve your conversion rate. Furthermore, there should be a ‘call for action’ and it should be prominently displayed.
- Landing Page is Also Important
A landing page is as important as your ad and there are few steps you can take to improve it. The headline of your landing page should be straightforward and attractive enough to catch the attention of the visitor. You can do this by making sure that your headline is concise and clear.
The layout of your landing page should be simple and free of all distractions like irrelevant images or videos. Ensure that the images on your landing page are not only attractive but are also relevant to the service and product you are offering. Furthermore, the images and videos on your landing page should be of high quality. Another important aspect that you should pay attention to is the loading time of your landing page.
Most visitors simply do not have the patience to wait for your landing page to open. They will simply move to another site and you will end up losing a potential customer. Finally, make sure that your landing page is optimized for mobile users also. Today most of the online search is done via the smartphone and if your landing page is not optimized for mobile users, it means that you are losing out on a big market.
- Check Out Your Competition
Understanding the strategies, weaknesses, strengths, products, and services of your competitors will help you improve your PPC campaign to a very large extent. You have to understand that in order to succeed, you have to stand out from the crowd and for that, it is imperative to understand your competitors. Find out their keyword usage, ads, landing page, and content they are using and how successful their strategies have been.
There are lots of spy tools on Google Ads that can help you analyze your competitors. For example, your Google Ads account has an Auction Insights button that you can click on to find out about the domains that are auctioning for the same keywords as yours. There are spy tools like, SpyFu, SEMrush, and iSpionage that can uncover keyword usage of your competitors. The final point that you need to remember is that a PPC campaign constructed after the review of your competitors has a better chance of succeeding.
- Negative Keywords Are as Important as Main Keywords
Your PPC campaign should not only include the main keywords but should also include negative keywords. These negative keywords will tell Google which search terms are not relevant to your product and service. This, in turn, will ensure that your ad is not showing up for those keywords and this will prevent irrelevant clicks on your ad. When your PPC campaign attracts relevant traffic, it will improve your conversion rate. You can use the Search Term Report and Google AdWords Keyword Planner to come up with a negative keyword list relevant to your business.
- Make Use of Remarketing
Remarketing is a very simple yet effective tool used by PPC Company in Delhi in improving campaigns. Remember those visitors who visited your site but for some reason failed to complete the purchase. Well, remarketing helps you reach those visitors and give you a chance to convince them to complete the purchase. You can also create specific ads for this targeted audience and convince them to make the final call. Basically, with the help of remarketing, you are reaching a targeted audience and this greatly improves the conversion rate for your PPC campaign.
- Use Ad Extensions
Ad extensions help to reveal additional information about your products and services to the visitors and help convince them to make the purchasing decision. Needless to say, ad extensions are very effective in improving the conversion rate of your PPC campaign, because they help get your ad more visibility and qualified clicks. You can use manual ad extension or automatic ad extensions or a combination of both in your PPC campaign. Manual ad extensions include,
- Location Extension: Your business address is added to your ads and helps visitors contact you.
- Sitelink Extensions: Located under description and headline of your site, these extensions drive in targeted traffic to your site.
- Call Extensions: Your phone number is added to your ad so that potential customers can call you for further queries.
- Review Extension: Third-party reviews are added to your ads to convey the message that doing business with you is a good experience.
- App Extension: This is a link to your app and visitors can download your app using this link.
Automatic ad extensions include,
- Seller Rating Extension: This is a rating of your store and favorable rating will help you in the conversion rate.
- Customer Rating Extension: Data generated by certified consumer surveys and Google sources is used to come up with customer rating of your business.
- Dynamic Sitelink Extension: This is a link to particular content or offering on your website.
PPC campaigns are very effective in getting you targeted traffic; therefore, giving up on an underperforming PPC campaign is never a good idea. Another good thing about PPC campaigns is that with the right improvements you will see the results within a short period of time.