Pallet racking systems are commonly seen and used in warehouses, distribution centers, sheds, and manufacturing facilities. The system is a popular choice for packing and storage and is designed to store materials at multiple levels. The objective is to create a well-organized system for storing the products and making them easily accessible. Nowadays you can find a pallet racking system which matches the storage requirements and budget. The pallet racking fixtures are available in all shapes and sizes. When one looks at them, it may seem that all pallet racking system is the same. However, on closer observation, one can notice the differences in the making and working of the pallet racking system.
Common Pallet Racking types
Although it is not so easy to note down the differences in different pallet racking, it is essential to understand those differences so that one can know why to prefer one type of racking versus another. The utilization and how the racking systems operate may vary, and each may carry a significant storage advantage.
Here are the most common types of Pallet Racking system:
- Push Back Racking: Fabricated in roll form, these pallet racking systems are perfect for high-density and multiple product storage. The systems allow specific selection and easy accessibility of inventory items. This system can be easily configured and customized as per your requirement.
- Cantilever racking: The Cantilever racking system is adequate for storing products like steel rods and long timber logs. The metal framework of the racking system is precisely designed to store and house long and bulky items.
- Drive-In Racking: If you are looking for maximum space utilization, then you must choose this option. It makes it easy for you to keep maximum stuff without consuming too much space. Best for manufacturers who have limited SKUs.
- Pallet Flow Racking: Also referred to as gravity flow racks, the Pallet flow racking allows high-density storage at multiple picking levels. The products get stored at higher-end and removed at the lower endpoint.
- Selective Racking: Another commonly used pallet racking system, the racking allows direct access to each pallet and can be configured to almost any size. Moreover, it is easy to install Selective Racking system. The best part about this type of racking system is that it is available in different sizes and configuration. You can easily adjust shelf height in this kind of system.
- Carton Flow Racking: Carton flow racking system is ideal for storage for inventories and follows a rear load design. The products get rotated automatically by design and thus allow maximum efficiency and optimum storage.
Key factors to consider before buying Pallet a Racking system :
The kind of pallet racking you are going to buy depends on various factors. You must take into consideration all these factors so that you are able to get the best storage facility. Here are some factors to keep in mind when looking for the pallet racking systems.
- Know the SKU or stock keeping unit and how many SKUs will be stored in the rack system.
- Check the total number of pallets you need to store per rack system.
- Assess the dimensions of the pallet and the precise width, depth, and height.
- Measure the weight of pallet and materials and if any additional support would be needed.
- Understand the kind of product to be stored as it may be climate controlled or fragile or perishable
- Calculate the turnover time and if the SKUs will stay for a few hours or several months.
Conclusion: To make the storage in your warehouses well-organized and easily accessible, it is important that you must choose the right kind of pallet racking system. The above mentioned information would have given you a brief insight into a different kind of pallet racking and how to choose the best one.