Government jobs in India are most sought jobs over high paying private-sector jobs because of the power and authority it offers along with job security and additional perks. Several government bodies offer very high salaries along with other incentives and are more lucrative than private-sector jobs.
- RBI and NABARD: These are the top banking institutions in India. RBI stands for Reserve bank of India which is a central banking institution of India and controls issuance & supply of currency. NABARD stands for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development which is an apex development financial institution of India. NABARD was carved from RBI in 1982 and hence shared the same salaries and allowances.
The annual CTC of entry-level Grade “A” officer in RBI and NABARD is above 15 lakhs. The incentives and perks offered are unmatched by any other government organization/institution.
- PSUs: These are state-owned enterprises and stands for Public Sector Understanding/Enterprises which are owned by the government (Union or State/UT.) Currently, there are more than 300 PSUs in India of which NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, BHEL, CIL, IOCL, GAIL, and BPCL are major PSUs.
These companies offer high salaries, which are even higher than in private jobs. CTC in some of the above-mentioned PSUs ranges between 15-20 lakhs which makes in-hand salary somewhere between 80000 to 1 lakh per month.
These organizations also offer allowances for mobile/tablets, laptops/computers, furniture, mobile, and internet bills. Employees also get medical facilities for themselves and dependents.
- Civil services: Jobs in Civil Services are the most respected jobs in India. These positions are filled through public service commissions (union and state). Every state has PSC bodies like Bihar Public service commission and Madhya Pradesh public service commission which fills these positions through exams.
IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, IAAS, and IFoS are major civil service positions. The salary for all civil servants is the same while the perks may be different. After the 7th pay commission, the starting take-home salaries for civil servants is around 50000.
- Autonomous bodies: Institutions ISRO/DRDO/NITI Aayog: These are the research and policy think tank of the country. They play a very vital role in the development and managing of the economy and country as well. And yes, employees working with these institutions are paid well for their contribution.
Scientist B in DRDO and Scientist C in ISRO are the entry-level positions that offer gross salaries above 80000. The salary range of DRDO for entry-level is also 80000-125000. After compulsory deductions, employees get around 70000 take-home salary.
- Professors/AIIMS Doctors/Government Engineers: Professors of government institutions like IITs/IIMs/IARI/Central Universities enjoy high salaries along with accommodation, leaves, consultancy income, and many other things. Doctors of AIIMS are the highest-paid Doctors in the country.
They are officially government employees and enjoy the benefits of government perks. Railway’s Engineers and engineers in other government bodies also fetch high salaries compared to any other government jobs. The salaries for different positions range from 60000 to 120000 gross. Along with which they enjoy perks like accommodation and medical care etc.
Some state government jobs like UP govt. Jobs, Bihar government jobs, or Orissa government jobs also pay well, and positions come under civil services. So, after the central level and civil services jobs, state-level government jobs are preferred.