Have you ever faced any printing issues with your Dell printer? If yes, you must know the procedure to fix the issues. This blog particularly focuses on the steps to fix the printing issues of a Dell printer.
Dell is a multinational technology company with its headquarters in Round Rock, Texas, United States. The company is into developing, selling, and repairing computers, printers and related products and services. Dell was founded on February 1, by Michael Dell and is a member of the Dell Technologies family. The company presents the necessary infrastructure required for organizations to boost their digital future, make transformations in IT, and protect their most valuable asset: information.
There can be several reasons due to which you might face printing issues with a printer. However, the problems scan be solved by troubleshooting the issue.
The steps to troubleshoot a dell Laser printer are mentioned below.
- As you know that both the printer and the computer must be connected by a USB cable, don’t forget to reseat both ends of the cable stretching from the computer to the printer.
- Then you have to start the computer again.
- You need to turn the printer off.
- Remove the power cord of the printer from the AC vent for minimum 30 seconds.
- Place the printer power cord back into the A/C vent or surge protector.
- Switch the printer back on.
- Print out a page to test.
- You then need to check that the chosen printer is set as the default printer.
- Keep the Windows key Windows Button pressed and then press the r key.
- In the folder called Run box, you need to type, shell: Printers Folder and then enter OK.
- Click on the chosen printer to highlight it.
- You need to right-click on the chosen printer.
- Then click the Set as default printer button.
- For printers that are connected by a wireless or wired network and not by a USB cable, you need to check the network connection of your computer and also see whether the setting of the printer portal and IP address are entered correctly.
- You can then switch on the troubleshooting option to detect and automatically correct any printer issues
- You can also navigate a System Restore back to a time when the printer was working.
- Uninstall the printer driver, download and install the latest printer driver.
After following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to successfully fix the issues that you were facing with Your Dell printer. If anyhow, you fail to solve the issues, you need to immediately contact Dell printer support and take their assistance. Their customer representatives, those who are available round the clock, will look into the matter immediately and resolve it as soon as possible.