How to Use a Website Builder to Create a Blog
Website builders have allowed us to create a website and blog so easily these days. Before, you need multiple online tools and even a bit of coding knowledge in order to establish a personal website. If you don’t know the necessary online tools or know coding, then you have to resort to hiring a website developer to get your website done for you. Good thing that these days you have the website builder, which is an online tool where you can get all components necessary in creating your very own website. Here is how to use a website builder to create a blog of your own.
Can you earn money with a blog created with a website builder?
Yes, it is still very much possible for you to earn money with a blog created using a website builder. In fact, when you have a blog, there are multiple ways to earn money online! Once you have a steady amount of monthly traffic, high domain authority, website credibility, and site followers, you will be able to monetize your website.
Here are some of the following ways in which you can earn money online with a blog:
- Affiliate marketing
- Sponsored advertisements
- Sponsored guest articles (with paid dofollow backlinks)
- Paid partnerships
- Personal products and merch
- Informational materials (ebooks, courses)
- Press releases
How to create a blog with a website builder
- To create a blog with a website builder, you have to sign up for an account first. We will use the hPage.com website builder for this example since it is an easy to use website builder with a blog feature.
The next steps should be followed in this order:
- Type your domain name or website address
- Pick a website template under ‘Designs’
Now you have the groundwork for your website set up. With hPage, you will automatically get a free website package. In order to use the blogging feature which will allow you set-up a blog easily and acquire premium features, website templates, and a domain, you will have to upgrade your website to a paid version. The paid version costs only $5 USD a month which is cheaper than other website builders.
Once you upgraded to a paid package, you will automatically have access to all the premium features including the blogging pack feature where you can blog easily.
It is now time to create a web page where your blog will be put.
- Under the ‘Pages’ menu, create a web page using the page editor. Click ‘Add Page’ then you will see the page editor. Click the ‘Insert Extra’ button and you can choose the features you want to be input into the web page.
- In this case, we will choose the ‘Blog’ feature. The ‘Blog’ is now added to the page. Click ‘Save new page’ and your blog web page will be created.
- To start blogging, all you have to do is go to the ‘Addon’ tab in the menu and click the ‘Blog’ tab. You can now edit the categories and blog articles you plan on having on the Blog Web Page you just created.