Orthopedic Hospital in India: As one grows older, joint stiffness and pain are experienced. Have you ever thought as to why these problems occur? It’s because joint collapse occurs with increasing age and the soft cushioning cartilage in the joint degrades. This causes the bones to rub against each other leading to wearing joint bones. Lifestyle factors like obesity, laziness or complete lack of exercise also affect the joints.
Fractures and injury to be replaced at Orthopedic specialist in Delhi NCR:
- Torn ligaments
- Sprains and strains
- Tendon injuries
- Pulled muscles
- Bursitis (It is irritation of the bursa. The bursa is a sac filled with lubricating fluid, located between tissues such as bone, muscle, tendons, and skins that decrease rubbing, friction, and irritation.) Ruptured disks
- Low back pain
- Scoliosis (It is a medical condition in which a person’s spine has a sideways curve) knock knees
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Bone tumors
- Muscular dystrophy
- Club foot
- Unequal leg length
- Abnormalities of the fingers and toes
- Growth abnormalities
Get your joint replacement surgery done at Best orthopedic surgeon in Gurgaon
Being a complicated surgical procedure an orthopedic doctor takes both pre and post-operative measures to ensure the safety and security of the patients.
- X-Ray of the affected part is taken to have a thorough knowledge of the situation.
- ECG, urine tests, hematology, and blood tests are also conducted before surgery.
- Anesthesia is given to numb the particular area
- Replacement with a prosthesis, artificial alternative made of plastic, ceramic, metal or alloys and place it in the tissue
- After the surgery and treatment, physiotherapy sessions are prescribed for bringing back the movability of the joint
The rate of medical complications following knee replacement surgery is extremely low. Serious infections, such as a knee joint infection, occur in less than 2 percent of patients.
Whereas the incision for a total knee replacement surgery in the traditional manner is about 8 inches long, in the minimally invasive surgery, it is only 4 inches long. This makes the pain, the healing period and the blood loss lesser.
Even though this is a relatively newer technique the easiness and reliability of this procedure have made it more common and surgeons, as well as patients, prefer it in terms of convenience and efficiency.
RECOVERY AFTER KNEE REPLACEMENT
After having a knee replacement, your lifestyle will be a lot like it was before surgery— but without the pain. However, returning to your everyday activities takes time. Even though you will be able to resume most activities, you may have to avoid doing things that place excessive stress on your “new” knee, such as participating in high-impact sports like jogging. Physical Activity: Being physically active is an essential part of recovery. Usually the first day after surgery, you’ll begin to work with a physical therapist who will teach you exercise to regain full leg and knee movement.
Things to follow:
Don’t push yourself. Avoid falling, which can damage your knee and require further surgery. Use assisting devices, such as a cane, crutches, walker, and handrails, or the help of caregiver until your knee is strong and mobile. The speed of recovery may vary from person to person. Your doctor might ask you to use the new joint shortly after the surgery. Do follow this advice because it enables speedy recovery. As the surrounding muscles have been inactive for a while, a temporary pain can be experienced for a few months. The tissues take some time to heal and adjust to the new joints. Orthopedic hospitals in India treat a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Your hospital stay will typically last from 3 to 5 days, depending on the speed of your recovery.