It is very important to get your eye checked regularly because eyes are the most important part of your body and most delicate, to say the least. Your vision is the gift of god and you can squander it by depriving it of the attention it deserves. Besides being the most important organ, your eyes are one of the most sensitive organs in your body too. Many people, who tend to ignore their eyes, end up losing sight permanently or need glasses. It is really heartbreaking to see many children wearing glasses because eye problems can prevail at a very tender age too. If you want to avoid those glasses, you are ought to go for a regular eye test in specialized clinics.
What Is The Common Conception Among People About Eye Test?
- If you are going for a visual acuity eye test, your eyes are more likely to test for whether they can read efficiently. In such tests, the patient is made to read smaller to bigger fonts while covering one eye at a time from which the doctor figures out whether your eyes are potent enough to read the contents. The optometrist will also change the lens combinations based on how efficiently and clearly one can go on reading the fonts written ahead of him.
- In the history of ophthalmology, this is the widely coveted even though a manual method. Apart from this routine acuity test, you will sometimes need to undergo a full eye examination test too which spans in the deeper layers in your visual function to reveal details about your overall eye health.
- Only a trained optometrist or ophthalmologist is assigned the task of conducting the overall visual acuity test. They are even trained to look for any underlying symptoms or conditions ranging from retinal detachment, glaucoma, development of cataracts, and macular degeneration so to speak.
- There are other serious health problems such as diabetes, health problems and hypertension that can influence the visual function. Hence, a thorough eye checkup is highly recommended in order to maintain your eye health for a lifetime.
What Is The Importance Of Eye Test?
- The proximal vision is mostly checked by the doctors in an eye test session. They are most likely to conduct the basic visual acuity screening which finds out the time when we will need to start using glasses or we at all need them.
- You are required to visit your optometrist for eye tests regularly because they will look for other ocular symptoms beyond the near-sightedness and far-sightedness. There are many issues that can adversely impact your eyesight. According to the data obtained so far, 75% of eye problems can be thwarted if the eye tests are conducted on time.
- You do not want the worse to happen, which is cataract at an early age. Even though cataract is reversible, having it in early age can wreak your confidence. Once you are in the clinic of an optometrist for an eye test, they will do thorough scrutiny on the lens, retina and optic nerve so as to suggest how you can you keep cataract at an arm’s length.
We hope this article was able to provide detailed insights about the eye test that you have always wanted to know. A lot of people think that eye checkup is checking the power of the glasses that we need. But, this is a common misconception that many people sadly nurture. There is so much more to an eye checkup than just a visual acuity test.