QuickBooks is the most popular accounting software for its security, reliability and accuracy. Today, through this article I am going to cover one of the most common error code which is reported by many users – QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. When you re-configure your desktop computer or setup your QuickBooks company file for the first time, you may encounter the error message 3371 status code 11118.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371?
Yes, this error can be a frustrating one for you, you wish to do any work, but unable to work due to the 3371 status code -11118. Since it compels you to start your QB files.
You may get a message revealing-
- QB Error 3371 Message: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.99accounting.com/
- It will display you another Dialog box when you will click on the “OK” button, It’ll show QuickBooks Fatal Error with the message.
- When you again click on the “OK” button, it will just close the window.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Occurs?
Firstly, you need to understand it in a manner that Intuit company makes it to get license information stored on your hard drive. By any instance, if this info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, you can experience this error code.
This error can also occur throughout the practice of cloning the information on the c:/ drive into another hard drive that is new. In such situation, you need to delete your entitlement file. You have to re-enter your license information to have this problem.
- Missing File Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license info. Hunt for this file, whenever it’s active. By any means, if this gets damaged; you might face this issue.
- Damaged or lost MSXML component: MSXML is a vital component offered by Microsoft. It’s necessary by QB desktop computer to run on your system. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in obtaining this accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus program.
- Tired to start up the file without saving it.
How Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
The Infographic attached below will brief you with the process of fixing the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. However, we have also stated below the elaborated manual steps to be followed to tackle the error code with much ease.
Checkout the potential manual solution steps with you can easily resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371:-
- Press the “window+R” keys on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will open. Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Window explorer will be reached by you in the next location
- Simply delete this ecml file. Hit a right click and then select Delete.
- Close the window option now.
- After doing this step, Run QuickBooks, and then Register the product again.
The problem can still occur. If your window is obsolete, or upgrades aren’t installed. Follow the steps below:
- Click on the “window” or “Start” button.
- Now click again to check for updates.
- After the successful update, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again.
After trying all of the steps discussed previously must have solved the error. By the way, if the problem still exists, do the steps below.
- Fix common installation errors using the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool.
- Perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop.
- First of all, Install the Windows Updation.
- Now select “All Program” tab => “Windows Update” options.
- Finish the Upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- For resolving those errors, follow the aforementioned steps which are described as:
- Recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and solve the license & resolving registration problems.
- Click reinstall by performing a fresh installation of QuickBooks desktop.
If you are looking for immediate assistance for the QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118 or you experience that the above shown steps are effort & time consuming – we suggest you to contact the QuickBooks enterprise support team at ☎ 1-800-993-4190.