Why You Need Attorneys for Your Wasilla Accident Case
Why You Need Attorneys for Your Wasilla Accident Case?
Car accidents, slip-and-falls and trip-and-falls are the most common types of accident cases, which is why there are many attorneys able to prosecute such cases in Wasilla and the surrounding areas. In addition, however, there are many types of personal injury cases in addition to these which a Wasilla Accident Lawyer will be able to handle on your behalf. So if you are hurt as a result of another person’s actions or omissions, and you believe you may be entitled to compensation, finding that attorney to help you is important.
In addition to car accidents, motorcycle accidents pose some interesting differences. When you see a motorcycle operator, he or she often wears leather clothing, strong helmets and other protective garb, something demonstrating the inherent danger of motorcycle riding.
The facts confirm this. On average, a motorcyclist is twenty-six times more likely to die in a crash than someone in a car.
Some of the reasons for this are:
- having two wheels, as opposed to the four wheels of a car, creates a greater likely hood of losing balance,
- the lack of an external frame makes the motorcycle far more dangerous than the standard automobile,
- motorcycles are smaller and, as a result, more difficult for others on the road to see,
- few motorcycles have airbags, lane departure warnings and other safety technology now standard in many cars and
- the lack of an external frame makes it noisier and, as a result, more difficult to hear things such as car horns, skids, etc.
But not only is a motorcycle rider more likely to get into an accident; in addition, her chances of suffering more severe injuries are much higher. For this reason, there is a likelihood of a high recovery and, as a result, retaining a Wasilla Accident Lawyer is important to make you obtain compensation you deserve.
A quality attorney will seek out as defendants as possible from which you may recover monies. Examples of finding defendants include:
- if you are hit by another vehicle, the operator (and owner) of that vehicle are able to be sued,
- if you slip on uneven or debris-filled roads, the owner(s) of those roads may be liable for failing to keep them clean and safe, and
- if you are injured due to a wipeout at or near a construction site, any person or entity involved in the construction could be a defendant if they (a) failed to properly clean the area, (b) failed to provide warning signs that the area was unsafe or (c) failed to rope off or otherwise barricade the dangerous areas.
And how do you find an accident lawyer to help you? First, seek out a referral, as attorney advertisements are often not the best leads. Indeed, television commercials, radio ads, advertising boards, trains ads, internet ads, etc. often violate laws themselves, which could actually disqualify these attorneys from the beginning.
For example, it contravenes the law for Alaska lawyers to
- make a false or misleading communication about the lawyer, his services or a prospective client’s need for services;
- put forth a material misrepresentation of fact or law;
- create an unjustified expectation of results; or
- compare the attorney with another lawyer’s services without factual justification?
How will you know that your attorneys are able to perform even the most basic tasks thoroughly and professionally? When you meet with them, they will listen and explain everything clearly, from the contents of the retainer agreement to trial, and beyond. When you offer questions and suggestions, they will listen and give you thought-out reasons for why they accept or reject what you suggest. Quality attorneys comply with their ethical obligations to make you aware of every settlement offer and explain to you the positives and negatives of each, always acting in your interest and never their own.
Top attorneys have lasting good relationships with judges, courtroom personnel and adversarial attorneys. These relationships can all help in higher and quicker settlements.
In addition to car accidents and slip and falls, quality attorneys can prosecute claims for (1) wrongful death, (2) trucking accidents, (3) motorcycle accidents, (4) bicycle accidents, (5) pedestrian knockdowns and others.
Quality attorneys encourage honesty from you, something important because negative facts must be considered and strategized against. After all, no claim is perfect.
Based on the above, it is clear that in any situation where you were injured as result of someone else’s wrongful acts, there is so much to know that an attorney is crucial. Whether it involves drafting and filing the complaint, serving the complaint, answering the complaint, the discovery process, depositions, motion practice, trial, time deadlines, appeals, collecting money after trial and so on, there is too much for a lay person to know. This is why attorneys with experience are available to help you recover for your injuries.