Analysis of Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Metal Scavenging Agents Market
Global Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Key Highlights
- In terms of value, the global metal scavenging agents market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% from 2019 to 2027.
- Metal composites are widely utilized in medicinal and organic chemistry, as catalysts or reactants. According to International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) Q3D guidelines dictated for the permissible levels of palladium (Pd) allowed in the final drug product, palladium (Pd) needs to be removed from active pharmaceutical ingredients process streams. Platinum group metals (pgms) include Pd as well as platinum, rhodium, and ruthenium, involved in the drug manufacturing process.
- Metal scavenging agents offer an exceptional solution for issues regarding palladium removal, primarily at low metal levels. Metal scavengers are available in various types such as silica-based, alumina-based, carbon-based, and resin-based. Silica-based metal scavenging agents held a major share of the global market, as silica-based metal scavenging agents offer various advantages such as superior extraction of metal, no leaching, high selectivity, excellent range of metal affinities, solvent compatibility, fast kinetics, easy scalability, cost efficient, and thermal and mechanical stability.
Request PDF Brochure :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=61299
High Cost of Metal Scavenging Agents to Hamper Demand
- High cost of these agents is a major factor that is expected to hamper the global metal scavenging agents market considerably. It is also projected to hinder the adoption rate of metal scavenging agents in end-use industries, and consequently, restrain the global metal scavenging agents market in the near future.
- Metal scavenging agents available commercially in the market are not economically feasible for metal concentrations below a certain level. Additionally, irreversible binding to various less-desirable metals is another key factor that makes the recovery of metals challenging and uneconomical for small-scale enterprises.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Industry:
Silica-based Agents to Lead Global Metal Scavenging Agents Market
- In terms of type, the silica-based segment is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period in the metal scavenging agents market.
- The silica-based segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% from 2019 to 2027. Silica gels have been majorly utilized as raw materials in the metal scavenging agents market. This is due to the various advantages offered by silica-based metal scavenging agents over traditional scavengers, such as ease of purification and handling. Fast kinetics, excellent purity, higher yields, wide compatibility of the solvents, as well as their applicability to various reactions and end-use applications are additional factors that are expected to propel the demand for silica-based metal scavenging agents in laboratories and the pharmaceutical sector.
Global Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Competition Landscape
- In December 2015, Biotage announced the launch of a powerful metal scavenger for organic synthesis, i.e. ISOLUTE Si-Trisamine. It is a silica-based scavenger utilized for various electrophiles, including acid chlorides, aldehydes, sulfonyl chlorides, isothiocyanates, and isocyanates. It is also extremely effective in eliminating heavy metal ions such as Co2+, Ni2+, Mn2+, Fe3+, Cu2+, Ru+2, Pb+2, and Zn2+.
Key manufacturers operating in the global metal scavenging agents market include:
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey
- SiliCycle Inc.
- PhosphonicS Ltd.
Global Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Segmentation
Metal Scavenging Agents Market by Type
- Others (Sulfonic Acid, Polymers, etc.)
Metal Scavenging Agents Market by End-use Industry
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
About Us :
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.