Are you facing QuickBooks Error 15242? – 1844-857-4846
Hundreds of thousands of business owners across the planet find QuickBooks instrumental in managing their bookkeeping and accounting tasks. Though it’s an innovative software protected by efficient experts – it isn’t completely free from technical glitches and errors. Among the foremost frequent errors that users encounter is QuickBooks Error 15242. This error occurs once you use the accounting software or attempt to update it. The error message may tell you that you simply aren’t allowed to put in and download payroll updates.
At the time to update QuickBooks or payroll service, you’ll see one among the subsequent error message on your desktop screen:
Error 15242: The update didn’t complete successfully. QuickBooks FCS is broken or not responding.
Error 15242: The payroll update didn’t complete successfully. QuickBooks FCS is broken or not responding.
Intuit regularly releases updates for all its products and that we recommend users download each update as they create programming more productive.
As a consequence of the error, QuickBooks FCS i.e. the file copy service doesn’t respond properly. Also, the error can block the right functioning of the QuickBooks and payroll software. This makes it important for the user to resolve the error because it can terminate the flow of labor which will affect the business.
Causes of this error
- Wrongly installed QuickBooks software
- Just in case the Intuit QuickBooks file copy service gets damaged somehow
- The user can encounter this error if the QuickBooks FCS service has disabled
- Another factor causing the difficulty is often if the QuickBooks payroll subscription ended
- Or, if there’s any quite damage within the company file
- Just in case the user is unable to login as admin, then this type of error might be seen
- The user might face this error if the update process ended unsuccessfully. Or if the QuickBooks FCS is broken or not responding
- Unsuccessful update of the payroll also can find yourself within the error
- This error usually ends in QuickBooks FCS. it’s the not responding document replica service and it’d also block the payroll and QuickBooks system. This error ultimately affects the business
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15242 When Attempting to Update the Payroll?
In order to troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll error 15242, checkout the subsequent troubleshooting methods in sequence.
Solution 1: Validate your Payroll membership
- Open QuickBooks and attend Employees
- Select My Payroll Service followed by Account/Billing Information
- The QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance window will crop up on your desktop screen
- Close the window and therefore the finance membership will itself be re-validated by QuickBooks
- After the approval process is over, restart your QuickBooks
Solution 2: Do a clean installation of QuickBooks in Selective Startup
Perhaps a 3rd party application line anti-virus is obstructing the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop. It’s necessary to put in QuickBooks Desktop during a selective startup as this mode would allow you to start the Windows OS with just selected programs on your system.
- Open Run command (Windows key +R) and sort MSConfig within the box to look and hit the OK button
- Tap on the overall tab and click on OK
- Click Selective startup then Load system service
- Attend the service tab, click Hide all Microsoft Services then Disable all
- Now, uncheck the checkbox for Hiding all MS Services
- Confirm that the Windows Installer checkbox has chosen
- Press OK if the checkbox isn’t selected
- Attend System Configuration window and click on Restart
- After your system has copied, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop through a clean install
Steps to restart your computer to a traditional configuration
- Open Run command (Windows key +R) and sort MSConfig within the box to look and hit OK
- Attend the overall tab and choose Normal Startup then press OK button
- Click on Restart on the System Configuration window
Solution 3: Check if you’re missing any recent update
- Firstly, Open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then press F2 or Ctrl+1 keys on your keyboard to open the merchandise Information window.
- Here you’ll check your current version and release date of QuickBooks desktop.
If your QuickBooks version isn’t latest then follow the given steps to urge the newest QuickBooks desktop updates:
- Attend the assistance menu and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Then move your cursor to the Update Now tab.
- Now choose to Get Updates choice to begin the download part.
- Once the download process gets complete, you would like to reboot your QuickBooks.
- Finally, accept the on-screen instructions to put in the new release once the screen pop-pus.
Solution 4: Perform FCS settings
- The very initiative during this process is to locate the QuickBooks desktop manage option
- Then choose the services and applications option then click on the services appearing on the proper side of the screen’
- Once through with that, the user must spot the service entitled “Intuit QuickBooks FCS” then double click an equivalent
- The subsequent step is to click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties panel that displays on the screen
- Then hit Ok
- Now, open the QuickBooks desktop then download the present updates of the merchandise
- Followed by, updating the tax tables
- To finish the method, verify the error persists or not
Solution 5: Manually resolve the matter
Check if the error is happening only on your computer or all the systems. If just one computer has the difficulty, download the update on another computer
The above mentions the troubleshooting steps suggested by our experts. If the QuickBooks error 15242 still persists even after trying the answer provided during this article, call our QuickBooks enterprise tech support team immediately for the precise solution of QuickBooks Error code 15242. You’ll also get in-tuned via toll-free number 1844-857-4846 and ask them to repair the error on your behalf.