Do you also believe common misconceptions about dental health problems?
There are some common misconceptions which are spreading among people like fire. Due to those people are scared of visiting the dentist and if you are facing any dental problem then visit a dental clinic in Whitefield without turning it into a severe one. If you are the one who believes those misconceptions then you are at the right place. In this blog, we are going to burst those misconceptions about dental health.
Misconception: Sweets leads to cavity problem
Carbohydrates involved with bacteria which creates acid byproducts and leads to cavities. The cavity on your teeth can be just formed by eating potato chips, bread, crackers, sugar and so on. This is the misconception which is highly believed by people which is false.
Misconception: Children are more vulnerable to cavities as compared with adults
Another myth is false because children don’t know how to maintain their teeth. They don’t know how to do brushing, why flossing is important. This is the duty of their parents to teach them the right technique of brushing their teeth twice a day.
Misconception: Teeths is alright if there is no pain
If your teeth are not painful that doesn’t mean your teeth are fine. You should meet your dentist regularly to protect your teeth from any type of dental problem. Your dentist will detect the problem at an early stage which will help you in saving your time and money.
- Misconception: Flossing should be stopped if your gums are bleeding
Gum bleeding is the sign that you are experiencing gum disease. You should consult your dentist as soon as possible. What you can do is instead of not flossing you can do it gently. This is happening due to lack of cleanliness.
- Misconception: Tooth will become stronger after doing dental work
This is false because having dental filling or crowns needs to be taken care of properly. Your one tiny mistake will put you in trouble. There are nooks and crannies where bacteria can hide easily and can create a dental problem for you. All you can do is visit your dentist on a regular basis will help you in keeping dental problems away from you.
- Misconception: There is not a specific technique for flossing
There is a proper technique of flossing your teeth that are mentioned below:
- First, take 18 inches of floss and roll the floss around fingers leaving two or three inches to work with.
- Hold the floss properly around the thumb and index finger and start sliding it upwards and downwards.
- Always remember to use the floss gently. If you will not use it gently then end up hurting your gum line.
- You should use a clean part after going to another tooth.
- With the help of back and forth motion, you should remove the floss from your teeth.
These are the misconceptions which people believe and it is important to have the right information on dental health. If you are facing any dental problem then you should visit the dental clinic to find the permanent solution to your problem instead of trusting the rumours.