Drug Delivery Systems Market Analysis | Global Industry Analysis By Trends, Size, Share, Company Overview, Key Drivers ,Growth And Forecast By 2027
Global “Drug Delivery Systems Market Growth” 2020 report includes the market strategy, market orientation, expertise opinion and knowledgeable information. Report provides market growth and Revenue, market share and size that helps to understand future prospects. The Drug Delivery Systems report also covers the current market information, porter’s five forces analysis with threat of new entrants, threat of substitute products and services, key challenges, opportunities in Drug Delivery Systems Industry.
Request a Sample Copy of the Research Report:
The global ‘drug delivery systems market‘ is projected to reach USD 45.20 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of multiple chronic conditions (MCCs) worldwide is expected to be the leading factor driving the growth of this market, finds Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Drug Delivery Systems Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Inhalation, Transdermal, Injectables and Others), By Device Type (Conventional and Advanced), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Others) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027”. MCCs refer to the existence of more than one chronic condition in an individual. According to a study published by the World Economic Forum (WEF), 33% of adults around the world suffer from a combination of MCCs such as cardiovascular disease with diabetes and depression or even cancer. Precision Drug Delivery Systems can play a crucial role in managing these conditions as they are able to administer drugs at the exact location of the disease. As incidence of chronic conditions rises, the demand for these systems is likely to spike in the coming years.
As per the report findings, the market value was at USD 26.08 billion in 2019. The report also offers the following information:
- Comprehensive analysis of the impact of COVID-19 outbreak on the market;
- Detailed assessment of the market trends, drivers, and restraints;
- In-depth examination of the regional dynamics and competitive environment shaping the market; and
- Careful study of all the possible market segments.
North America to Hold Dominant Lead in the Market; Europe to Follow Closely
Among regions, North America is expected to dominate this market share during the forecast period owing to the active adoption of advanced drug delivery systems, especially for care of the elderly populace. Besides this, increased funding for medical R&D activities is also feeding the growth of this market. In 2019, the market size in the region was at USD 10.65 billion.
In Europe, the top growth driver is the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, coupled with the presence of large pharmaceutical companies, especially in Ireland, UK, Germany, and France. The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to be fueled by the expanding patient pool in India and China and the spreading awareness of the advantages of Drug Delivery Systems in the region.
Coronavirus Pandemic to Create Multiple Opportunities in the Market
The drug delivery systems market growth is set to enter an animated period on account of the exponential spread of the COVID-19 infection. With the absence of a vaccine, healthcare professionals have been forced to rely on curative measures to alleviate the suffering of COVID-19 patients. In such dire circumstances, there is growing reliance on efficient drug delivery mechanisms to provide quick treatment for the disease. Moreover, the situation has generated several innovation opportunities for companies. For instance, in May 2020, UK-based Senzer Pharmaceuticals announced that it was working on creating inhalable targeted antivirals for COVID-19. Similar efforts are being made at the University of Texas at Austin where an innovative inhaled formulation of niclosamide is being developed to treat COVID-19 symptoms. Thus, the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic has renewed the interest in drug delivery research and innovation.
An Overview of the Impact of COVID-19 on this Market :
The emergence of COVID-19 has brought the world to a standstill. We understand that this health crisis has brought an unprecedented impact on businesses across industries. However, this too shall pass. Rising support from governments and several companies can help in the fight against this highly contagious disease. There are some industries that are struggling and some are thriving. Overall, almost every sector is anticipated to be impacted by the pandemic.
We are taking continuous efforts to help your business sustain and grow during COVID-19 pandemics. Based on our experience and expertise, we will offer you an impact analysis of corona virus outbreak across industries to help you prepare for the future.
Click here to for a more detailed short-term and long-term impact analysis of COVID-19 on this market.
Global Drug Delivery Systems Market Segmentation :
Segmentation By Type
By Device Type
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia- Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- The Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC, and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
Growing Investments in Innovation by Companies to Foster Healthy Competition
Commanding presence of large pharmaceutical and medical devices companies is emerging as the chief feature of competition in this market. These companies are making strategic investments in elevating their innovation capacities to bring out novel Drug Delivery Systems for patients and physicians.
December 2019: US-based Insulet Corporation released its flagship Omnipod DASH™ Insulin Management System in the Netherlands and the UK. The novel insulin delivery device is designed to provide insulin delivery non-stop for three days, removing the need for daily injections for diabetics. It also features a touchscreen for patients to manage their condition on their own.
February 2019: Finland-domiciled Orion Corporation collaborated with Propeller Health to integrate Orion’s Easyhaler® product line with Propeller’s digital therapeutics platform. The inhaler range from Orion is designed for patients suffering from COPD and asthma. The connection between the two will be enabled by a custom-built sensor which will be synched with a mobile app.
List of Players Profiled in this Market Report:
- Pfizer Inc.(U.S)
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.(U.S)
- Medtronic (Ireland)
- Baxter International Inc. (S)
- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)(U.S)
- Ypsomed (Switzerland)
- Nemera (France)
- Gerresheimer AG (Germany)
- 3M (S)
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:
Table Of Content :
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- New Product Launch
- Technological Advancements in the Drug Delivery Systems Market
- Key Industry Developments – Mergers, Acquisitions, and Partnerships
SECONDARY DATA SOURCES THAT WE REFER TO:
- Annual reports, investor presentation, SEC filings, and press releases of companies operating in the market
- Studies published by relevant associations MedTech Europe; American College of Radiology; Cancer Council Australia; Japan Hospital Association, etc.), government sources (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Ministry of Health, Labour & Welfare, Japan; National Health Service, England, etc.), international organizations (World Health Organization, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Eurostat, etc.), and articles published by Research Gate, NCBI, etc.
- Website, reports, and press releases of end user facilities – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centres, Clinics
- Industry journals and paid databases
SECONDARY RESEARCH IS CONDUCTED TO DERIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Details such as revenues, market share, strategies, growth rate, product & their pricing by region/country for all major companies
- Details in relation to prevalence, incidence, patient numbers, distribution of patients, average price of treatment, etc.
- Number of end user facilities by region/country and average annual spending or procurement of devices by type of end user facility
- Number of procedures and average price of procedures
- Replacement rate and pricing of capital equipment
- Market dynamics in relation to the market under focus – Drivers, restraints, trends, and opportunities
- Market & technological trends, new product developments, product pipeline.
Fortune Business Insights(TM) offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights(TM) we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges
Fortune Business Insights(TM) Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]