India has many things to offer when it comes to attractions and monuments. You will get amazing places to explore. Not only the places, but you will also get to know and understand about various cultures, heritage, languages, diversities, festivals, and history. Every city and state has its own history and heritage and everyone is special from others. This old fascinating history attracts tourists all around the world. No one ever gets disappointed once they visit India because of its worth-watching places and local’s warming and welcoming nature.
Among all the cities and states, Mumbai is one of the richest states in India. It is the capital of Maharashtra. It is the second-most populous city in India after Delhi. Mumbai is located at the Konkan coast on the west coast of India. It is also known as Island city because it is made up of seven islands. Also, according to the reports, Mumbai has most numbers of millionaires and billionaires in the country. Mumbaikars are considered to be fast-paced in life and are considered to be hard-working and religious. Mumbai is at the top in all aspects whether it includes financial, commercial, or entertainment. You will get to see many islands, monuments, temples, etc. Attractions like Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Marine Drive, etc are the most visited places in Mumbai. If you are planning to visit Mumbai, you need to know some detailed points about it. The following points will help you to know about Mumbai:
- Location- Mumbai also known as Bombay is the capital of Maharashtra, located in southwestern India. It lies on the western coast of India near the bank of the Arabian Sea.
- Best time to visit- winter season is the best time to visit Mumbai, from November to February. The summer season is very humid so it is not recommended to make a visit from March to May. June to October is the monsoon season and you will see continuous rainfall, mainly in July and August.
- Culture and heritage- You will get to see a mix of traditions, religions, festivals, cuisines, etc. The city is always active even if it is late midnight, that is why this city is often called,’ A city that never sleeps.’ There are many festivals which are celebrated together by the locals. The city has a modern touch with a hint of ancient heritage.
- Language- Marathi is the official language of Mumbai. You will also see locals speaking different languages such as English, Hindi, and Urdu. So there is a blend of different languages and this depicts locals of different languages.
- Food and delicacies- This metropolitan city is very famous for its street food which includes vada pav, chakli, modak, batata vada, dabeli, Pani Puri, dahi puri, sev puri, bhel puri etc. These delicacies are mouth-watering and no one can resist themselves from having them. Apart from these famous Maharashtrian foods, Mumbai will also provide you with Mughlai, Punjabi, south Indian, European food, etc.
- Festivals- The most important festivals are Ganesh Chaturthi, Christmas, Diwali, Navratri, Durga Puja, etc. Every festival is celebrated with full enthusiasm.
- Cinema- Mumbai is known for its Bollywood Industry. It is one of the biggest film industries in the world. Bollywood is known for producing thousand blockbuster films each year. It has given employment opportunities to many people in Mumbai.
- Always carry cash- Don’t rely on plastic money when traveling to Mumbai. As there are many places where the locals will just accept cash. So keeping some cash in your wallet is always a good idea. It becomes handy while street shopping or while hiring a cab.
- Hotels to stay- You will find plenty of hotels to stay. There are many hotels from basic to luxurious stay. You can also book a villa in Mumbai for the best experience. It is always a great idea to find a hotel near to all your marked locations you want to visit or in the central location for convenient traveling. You can take online help for the same to get the best benefits and you can compare the hotels as well.
- Places to visit- There are many places you can explore in Mumbai like Gateway of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Dhobi Ghat, Chowpatty beach, and many more. Some of them are historical places which you can enjoy.
- How to reach- Mumbai is well-connected with other cities and states. Mumbai has its own international airport i.e. Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport. It is one of the busiest airports in India. You can also travel by train and it is the most chosen option for traveling. This is much cheaper than flights. You can also travel by bus as there are many sleeper buses for convenient traveling.
So above are some detailed points which will help you to know about Mumbai. Always stay attentive while walking in the crowd in Mumbai to avoid some uncertainties.
Following are some tips you should consider:
- Traffic- Mumbai traffic can be very long and irritating sometimes. So it is advised to go through local trains to travel to your places. If stuck in traffic, no one can estimate how long it will take to clear. But you will find a crowd in trains during evening time as well. You can travel through auto-rickshaws while traveling. You will easily find these 3 wheelers of black and yellow color. The drivers are supposed to be very friendly and make you reach your desired destination.
- No selfies- Due to some past uncertainties, Mumbai police have declared some places as no-selfie zones. So make sure to read any signboards before clicking a picture.
- Cabs- If you want to explore on your own, you can avail the cab services by hiring a cab for the whole day. These services are easily available in Mumbai.
- Avoid in monsoon- Visiting Mumbai in the monsoon can be very messy. The weather can make it difficult for you to visit places due to flooding and travel.
- Street shops- You will get to see an amazing variety of stuff roadside at much affordable costs. There are many street markets to shop for everything.
So above are points you should know before visiting.