Blocked drains can indeed be annoying. They not only spoil your day but, if left ignored, can cause extensive water damage in your house and basement. Moreover, the sign of clogged drains can be particularly embarrassing when you have guests in your house. The dirty water can spread a kind awful stink within the house and pollute the air quality as well.
Before you call for professional blocked drain services, have you ever wondered as to what solutions you look for at home? Well, the good news is that there are some effective home-based solutions that can help you get rid of those blocked drains and keep them free of any blockages.
Tricks to keep those drains from getting blocked:
- A mix of baking soda and vinegar: Try the age-old formula of mixing baking soda and vinegar together and use the solution to remove those stubborn blockages. Take 1/3rd of a cup of vinegar and mix 1/3rd of a cup of baking soda and pour the fizzing solution into the clogged drain. The carbonatized mix will get rid of any dirt and grime that has built up in the pipe.
- Use a plunger: Most homeowners prefer to employ the tactic to get rid of any food or grime that lodges in the curve of the drain under the sink. Use a rubber plunger and first empty the sink and fill it with some hot or warm soapy water. Shove the plunger in and out with a little forceful movement. Soon, you will find the drain free of any blockage.
- The hand drain snake: Another popular tool that is used by homeowners is the hand drain snake, which is a snaking steel wire that is pushed inside the drain. Most homeowners like to invest a drain snake, and while the task needs a little harder work, it is worth those efforts. Just make sure to place a bucket to catch the water.
- The Bent Wire Hanger: This is simple enough, as well as surprisingly effective. Just take a regular wire hanger and straighten it out and create a hook. Push the straightened hanger with the hook inside the drain and dislodge all that dirt, grime, hair, or any other nasty stuff out of the. Just remember to pull the dirt out and not push it further down. When you have got out as much you can, pour in some hot boiling water to clear up things.
- Pour boiling water: Another great idea is to simply boil some water and pour it in the blocked drains. This is indeed one of the most effective and easiest remedies to try at home. You can use the hot water to get those sink, shower, or toilet drains free of any blockage. However, be careful if your house has PVC pipes, and one should not try this method.
There are immense benefits of using those home-based green solutions for blocked drains. They are not only safer but free from the use of any toxic chemicals. Moreover, you get rid of those blockages fast and can save you money and headaches.
In case those home-based blocked drains solutions do not work, it means that there is a serious blockage in the drains. You are left with little choice other than to call in blocked drains services to help you out. After all, it is essential to restore free-flowing drains, and thus one must look for a reliable team of professionals to get the blocked drains back in working order. These experts have the equipment, skills, and experience to work on any kind of blocked drains in sinks, toilets, and bathrooms.