It gets really frustrating when you are trying to print something important, and your printer status shows offline. There can be multiple reasons behind it, and here is how you can solve it with ease.
Steps to solve offline printer error:
- Physical checks – First, you have to check the printer and all the cables attached to the printer. And if everything seems fine, then you can proceed to the more advanced troubleshooting steps.
- Change my printer from offline to online in Windows 10 – Now, you have to change the offline status of the printer to online manually using these steps.
- Open Control Panel and click on the Devices and Printers from the list of options.
- Now, you have to right-click on the printer in question and select ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Now, click on the Printer Menu option from the new window and select the ‘Use Printer Online’ option from the menu.
- Remove all print jobs – You also have to remove all the pending print jobs by following these steps.
- From the ‘See What’s Printing’ option, select all the jobs in the queue and cancel them
- After that, you have to select the ‘Use Printer Online’ once again.
You will be able to change printer offline to online in Windows 10 by following the above steps.