How to Fix Laptop Battery Not Charging Issues
Windows 10 provides multiple latest features to its users to get access to various updated tools on either your PC or laptop. Updating to the latest and upgraded version of Windows on a laptop sometimes creates an issue. Users face various charging issues after updating their laptops from an earlier version to the updated Windows 10. The most prominent issue on a laptop is the device refuses to charge even when the charging cord plugged in the power socket. There are various ways to fix this issue, such as Device Manager, disabling battery charging jack, applying power reset feature, updating driver, and much more.
Here is how to solve the issue by troubleshooting the charging issue.
Fixing the Issue by Using “Device Manager”
- First of all, right-click on the “Start” icon and search for the Device Manager.
- Then, launch your Device Manager page.
- After that, press the “Batteries” option from the provided list. After some time, you will view two different tools or features tab:
- Microsoft ACPI
- MS AC Adapter
- Now, you have to apply the right-click on each provided item. Then tap on the uninstall related option. This action will automatically uninstall the battery-related drivers from your device, but you need not worry a bit as it will install again when you turn “On” your device.
- After that, turn “Off” your laptop.
- Next, eject the power cord connected to your machine.
- In case your laptop holds the removable battery, then it is recommended to take it out. If you are using any other laptop that doesn’t provide a detachable battery, then it is advised to eject the bottom panel of your device and, after that, remove the existed battery.
- After a while, place the battery to its relevant place and section.
- Now, connect the power cord to your laptop.
- Next, turn “On” your device and navigate to the “System” tray.
- Now, hit the battery-related symbol and make sure that your device is charging successfully and properly connected to the power socket.
Running “Power Reset” Function on your Device
- In case, you are still facing battery not charging issues on a laptop, then follow these instructions to fix this issue:
- First and foremost, turn “Off” your laptop and remove the power adapter from the power source.
- Then, take out your device’s battery and tap the power tab and keep it held for at least thirty seconds.
- After some time, you have to release the power tab.
- Next, put the laptop’s battery to its stipulated position.
- Then, connect your device to the Power source once more.
- Now, tap the “Power” tab and relaunch your system.
- Check that your battery is working smoothly and preparing to charge. In case the issue still exists on your device, then follow the next method.
Re-Installing the Microsoft ACPI and Compliant Control Method Battery
- First and foremost, tap simultaneously two different keys on your keyboard: Windows logo and “R” key to launch the “Run” Dialog box.
- Then, enter the keyword “devmgmt — Msc” into the provided space, followed by the “Enter” key to launch Device Manager.
- After that, apply double-click on the “Batteries” option and then right-click on the ACPI related option.
- Then, hit the Uninstall option there.
- Now, tap the same option in the upcoming wizard.
- Next, turn “Off” the device and then remove the power cord from the power source.
- Then detach your device’s battery and then tap the power tab. Now you have to keep pressed for about thirty seconds, and then users need to release the held power button.
- After that, place the battery into your device and then connect it with the power cord.
- Now, turn your device “On,” and your device will automatically reinstall if you log in to your Windows. If not, then abide by these instructions to run it manually:
- First of all, tap the “Window” logo and “R” key simultaneously to expand the “Run” dialog.
- Then, you have to enter “devmgmt.msc,” followed by the “Enter” key.
- Now, hit the “Batteries” option and then tap on the “Action” button.
- After that, choose “Scan for hardware changes” option and wait for a little to proceed.
- Now, the “ACPI Complaint Control” related file will automatically install on your system.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on lexmark printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.