How to maintain a sewage treatment plant in India?
Sewage treatment is a very important aspect of the health and hygiene and also the cleanliness of any place, if proper treatment of the sewage will not be done then that would further lead to many diseases among the people, the diseases that are developed due to bad sewage treating conditions can also further take a bigger face of a serious incurable kind of pandemic such as we are dealing with one nowadays that is the Coronavirus. Though it is not so that it has been found in some research and has been proven that Corona developed out of bad sewage conditions but yes if sewage would be left untreated for long then that sewage can further give birth to various dangerous viruses and bacteria those viruses and bacteria can definitely lead to some other condition as dangerous as Corona Virus.
Treating the sewage coming out of the various types of industries, factories, and also out of the domestic setups can be treated very easily. Mostly it is treated by the municipal cooperation of a particular place with the help of their advanced sewage treatment systems. Every locality or building is already made well connected with the municipal sewage system through which all the sewage is given proper treatment so that all the work can be conducted easily without worrying about the hygienic living conditions.
But the sewage treatment plant in India is used at places where the sewage system of the municipal cooperation fails to reach, though there are very few such places still these places also sometimes need proper sewage treatment if there is a commercial or a domestic building situated there.
But the thing is it is not just enough to have a sewage treatment plant installed at such places after the installation they demand proper regular maintenance from the user’s end. A sewage treatment plant will only be able to work properly if it will be given proper regular maintenance.
So, for all the new sewage treatment plant users here we will discuss everything related to the maintenance of the plant once it has been installed and has been working at the place very smoothly.
Just like every coin has two sides similarly there are dos and don’ts associated with everything that is taken into use by the people. So here we will discuss those in relation to the sewage treatment plant as maintenance of anything is nothing more than a list of some important dos and don’ts.
The things that should not be done with a sewage treatment plant to maintain its proper working conditions are as follows:
- The loading capacity of the plant should not be exceeded.
- High volume discharges should not be allowed to enter into the system at once.
- Surface water should not be allowed to enter into the sewage treatment system.
- Fats, Greece, and Oils should not be allowed to enter into the systems.
- Larger quantities of the non –biological waste should not be allowed to get into the system.
The don’ts associated with the maintenance of a sewage treatment plant have been discussed well in the points above so now we can move to the other aspect of it and that is the list of dos.
For the sake of the maintenance of the sewage treatment plant given below is the list of some regular dos that should be followed to ensure the smooth running of it:
- The operations of the blower should be checked regularly.
- The diffusers should be checked for the presence of any bubbles.
- There should be no restriction or obstructions in the inlet and outlet stilling zones.
- The blower ventilation should be unobstructed.
- The odor coming out of the plant should be earthy.
- Biomass growth should be brown in color.
- Also, the final effluent should be checked to see if there is any need for desludging.
- The air blower filter must be checked and should be replaced if needed at the time interval of every 3 months.
- Also, the user should replace the diaphragms at the time interval of 18 months.
- Also for the optimized performance of the plant the valves of it should be switched at the time interval of every three years.
- Proper servicing of the plant should be conducted within 24 months always.