How To Reinstall QuickBooks with QuickBooks Clean Install
QuickBooks accounting software helps you in doing the accounts of your business and it also saves your time and money. But there can be some instances it might start misbehaving due to damaged functions of QuickBooks. In such cases you have to reinstall QuickBooks to get rid of this issue.
How To Reinstall QuickBooks?
For reinstalling QuickBooks, you need to uninstall the current version and install the program again in your computer. When you face such issues, you can contact Technical Support For QuickBooks and get your issue fixed.
Steps To Reinstall QuickBooks
Follow the below steps in order to reinstall QuickBooks properly:
- QuickBooks Desktop Uninstall
- Click on the Start button and then click on the Control Panel
- Go to Programs and Features
- From the list of installed programs, locate QuickBooks and then click on Uninstall/Change
- Un-installation window will appear on your screen. Follow the instructions
If you are getting any kind of issues or error while uninstalling QuickBooks, contact us at Get Support Number. It can be a Windows Operating system that we will help you to resolve.
Rename The Installation Folders
You have two options to rename the installation folders. You can either use the option to rename the folders in QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or else you can also do it manually.
- Download and open QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and save it on the desktop
- Now open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe
- Click on I Accept on the license agreement
- Choose your QuickBooks Desktop version and then click on Continue.
- When you see the message ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory’, then click on OK.
You have to unhide the hidden files also and rename each of the folder location listed for your version of Windows. While renaming the folders, you can add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ or any other specification to the name of the existing folders so that you can easily differentiate between.
Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Open the Task Manager
- Click on the Process tab, click on the Image Name column header to sort the process alphabetically by name.
- Choose exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe
- Click on End Process
- Click on Yes when you see the warning message.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Once you are done with the un-installation process you need to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. To do so, you need download the QuickBooks Desktop installation file that specific to your region and the product that you use.