How to Restore a Wi-Fi Connection for the Chromebook?
Chromebook is a powerful device, which runs on a Linux based Operating System of Chrome. But sometimes, Chromebook cannot detect the Wi-Fi and fails to link to any applicable network. So, if you are facing the same issue, then here are some fixes given below.
Check the Connection of Wi-Fi
- First of all, go to the bottom right side of the screen and select the ‘Quick Settings’ option.
- After that, it can say ‘Connected to your name.’
- You should attempt detaching by selecting the Network option.
- Thereafter, select the Disconnect button.
- Then you have to reconnect.
- Alternatively, take an Ethernet cord rather than the router cord to improve the connection.
- Optionally, select the button of ‘Not connected’ option.
- Afterwards, choose the network.
- Now, you should input the details and then choose Connect.
Reboot Router and Chromebook
Firstly, turn off the Chromebook and router to force a proper power cycle. It should fix any connectivity glitches that might have to happen once you shut down the device.
Delete All Desired Networks
- Navigate to the browser on your system.
- After that, input ‘chrome://settings/clearBrowserData’ into it and delete cached data and cookies.
- Thereafter, insert ‘chrome://settings’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- Then choose the network that shows there.
- You should click on the ‘Preferred Networks’ option.
- Now, remove each applicable network and then click on the Done button.
Perform Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics Applications
The ‘Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics’ application is a Chrome extension that should be utilized to fix whatever issue the device might recognize instantly. It looks for connectivity too, so if there is a problem here, you will be informed of why and effective fixes.
Reset Profile Settings
- Navigate to the web browser on your system.
- After that, input ‘chrome://settings/resetprofilesettings’ into it and select the OK button.
- Now, select the Reset button.
Complete Reset Chromebook
- Hold the ‘CTRL + Alt + Shift + R’ buttons altogether over the keyboard.
- After that, click on the Restart button.
- You should select the Powerwash option.
- Later select the Continue button.
- Now, pursue the pop-up to finish the operation.