How to use QuickBooks Condense Repair tool For Repair your QuickBooks Files?
QuickBooks Condense Data Utility or Condense Repair Tool helps to organize the Company data file. At several instances, when you are trying to archive the data file, you might encounter a system error that hinders QuickBooks from condensing the ‘Data file.’ QuickBooks Condense Repair tool is the troubleshooting device that will solve the issue.
In this article, we are going to talk about QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool or Condense data utility – how to use it and what are its functions. Thus, read the article till the end and learn all about QuickBooks condense repair or Condense data utility tool.
What is QuickBooks Condense Feature?
The Condense feature is the latest feature that comes in QuickBooks Desktop 2019 edition. This feature enables an option to delete or remove the audit trail that decreases or minify the file size but keeps the detailed transactions accurately unlike the traditional File Condense feature. The QuickBooks Condense feature in the upgraded version in QuickBooks 2019 and it is too much faster from the previous version.
What is QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool?
Before you learn the various aspects about this tool, it is important to get a brief introduction to the tool. Also known as QuickBooks Condense Data Utility, the condense repair tool is primarily used for the purpose of clearing out issues such as File Condensing errors. It is a great tool as a QuickBooks Condense feature is a vital part of the software as it allows the users to delete an Audit Trail. With the help of the Condense Repair Tool, the user can lessen the file size without hampering the quality of information present in the file. In simple words, the condense data utility helps the users in streamlining the company data file. In case of performance issues, the condense data utility should be the last option that the user tries in order to improve the performance.
In case the user is having an oversized file acquiring excess of space, then in that case, the user is recommended to opt for QuickBooks condense repair tool, as it will help you to minimize the file size without any data damage. The condense feature in the new version is regarded to be better and swift as compared to the previous versions. The updated feature offers an option to remove the audit trail that reduces the file size, but it leaves all the detailed transactions. This feature is different from the tradition file condense feature that removes transaction details and also creates a consolidated journal entry for data before selecting the date. It should be noted that the traditional condense feature is still available, in case anyone wishes to opt for it.
How to Condense the QuickBooks Company file?
Suppose you have an oversized file that is taking too much space, then QuickBooks Condense repair tool can help you to minify or compress the file size without any data damage. To Condense the QuickBooks Company file please follow these steps:
- First of all Choose the ‘File ->Utilities -> Condense Data command‘
- Select the ‘Transactions‘ before a specific date radio button.
- Specify the ‘Remove transactions‘ before date.
- Click on ‘Next‘ when you finish specifying which transactions QB should remove.
- After that Specify how inventory transactions should be condensed -> click on ‘Next‘
- Specify which transactions should be removed -> click ‘Next‘
- Next, Specify any list cleanup that should occur -> click ‘Next‘
- Confirm your condensing and archiving operation
- Click on ‘Start condense‘
- Back up the data file when prompted
You will see a success message on your desktop screen
What are Condense Data Utility Error Codes?
Following are the QuickBooks Condensing Data error codes
- Freezing of QuickBooks Condense
- Unable to run QuickBooks Clean Up Company Data Utility
- Transaction is on hold as transaction has not been paid.
- Transactions on hold as funds are not deposited.
- QuickBooks software faces a system error while trying to archive data file. QuickBooks will condense the data. This error is unspecified.
- QuickBooks program faced an error and was unable to condense successfully. Your company file has been restored to its old state.
Steps to use QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool
So, here is a step by step guide which will help the users to utilize the features of Condense Repair Tool. These steps will ensure that you meet the entire requirement for before and after performing the ‘Company File Condensing’:
- Search for the Non-condensable Transactions: Start with searching for all the files that are non-condensable. For this, RUN any report and check the transactions that will not be condensed.
- Running the Report: Now, you can RUN the report and proceed to condense the QB file.
- Go to File menu > Utilities > Condense Data
- A Wizard tool pop-up will come on the screen, select ‘Transactions before specific date’ and enter the correct dates
- Click on Next and choose the option ‘Summarize Inventory Transactions’
- After that, select the method of condensing the inventory
- Choose the Transaction groups which you want to remove and select them.
- Now click on ‘Begin Condense’, this will initiate QB condense.
- Preparation of the Company File.
- Start with eliminating the data file closing date
- Go to Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Choose Accounting and navigate to the Company Preferences option.
- Fill the date in the closing date area
- Remove ‘Date’ from the Closing Date Box and Press OK button.
- Run Profit & Loss and, Balance sheet to view the transactions, after that Run Rebuild and verify the data utility files to make sure that there is no data damage
- Copy Company file and back it up
- Saving the Comparison report: Condensing a file might cause the deletion of some information. But, saving a comparison report will ensure that the information is still present there. Make sure to save a copy of all the reports mentioned below as PDF:
- Profit and Loss, Balance sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- Account payable and Account Receivables
- Other essential books required by the accountant
- Condensing QuickBooks Desktop Company File:
- Running the Tool:
- Go to the File menu and Select Utilities, after that navigate to condense data
- Select the respective choices for condensing.
- Once done, begin condensing.
- Period copy (Only for Premier accountant or QuickBooks enterprise version)
A period copy is a condensed version of the company file that only contains data for a certain period. In order to create a period copy, the user needs to follows the steps below:
- To begin with, the user needs to go to the file menu, and then select the Utilities > Condense data.
- And then, on what transactions do you want to remove? Window, the user needs to select the transaction outside of a date range.
- The user needs to set the correct dates for the Remove transactions before and after filter.
- Lastly, the user needs to go through the wizard and then select the options that are needed. Or else the user can select the Help option, if the user needs any kind of assistance.
- Compare the pre and post condense files
Once the condensing company file is complete, the user needs to ensure that before and after the condense data reports match each other.
The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Re-run & print (else save it as PDF) the below reports
- And then, the Profit & loss (accrual based)
- Balance sheet for all dates (accrual based)
- Cash flow statement
The user needs to tally the before and after condensed reports, as they should be identical. It should be noted that the condensed report should be the same as the pre-condensed one, as they are Accrual based summary reports. In case of discrepancies:
- The user is supposed to look for transactions that are creating differences.
- And then, restore the backup.
- After that, the user needs to repair damaged transactions and rerun condense data.
- The user needs to create a new company file or use the restored company file without re-running the condense data.
If you aren’t able to fix the error with the simple solutions available, then in all probability the data files may be corrupted. In that case you will need the QuickBooks data recovery support service. And still if the problem persists then seek help from our QuickBooks support number that is 1-800-865-4183.