Impact of COVID-19 on Calcium Chloride Market : Implications on Business
- In terms of value, the global calcium chloride market was stood around US$ 1.7 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of more than 4% from 2019 to 2027
- Based on product type, flakes 77% segment held In terms of volume and value, the flakes 77% segment held the leading share of the market in 2018 due to its wide range of applications such as de-icing, dust control, and industrial water treatment. Calcium chloride liquid has high density, which makes it suitable for usage in drilling fluid applications. It is used as a clear brine fluid during drilling and oilfield completion operations in the oil & gas industry
- In terms of application, drilling fluids was the dominant application accounted for more than 20% of the total calcium chloride market in 2018. It is likely remain dominant application between 2019 and 2027
Request PDF Brochure :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=3239
Oversupply Situation and Corrosive Nature of Calcium Chloride May Hamper Overall Demand
- Calcium chloride can be produced using three methods: from brines, as a by-product of magnesium hydroxide, or by employing the Solvay process
- These techniques are inexpensive and produce large volumes of low-grade calcium chloride
- Major calcium chloride-producing countries, such the U.S. and China, use the evaporation of underground brines as a primary method. The downturn in the oil & gas industry in recent years has resulted in a decline in demand for calcium chloride in oil drilling applications.
- All these factors are estimated to contribute to the oversupply situation in the calcium chloride market and hamper its expansion
- Also, Calcium chloride is a salt used as a dust suppressant, concrete accelerator, and tire filler. Tests conducted by a few manufacturers indicate that it is more corrosive than water but less than sodium chloride.
- Since calcium chloride is hygroscopic, it absorbs water from the air, which could possibly result in corrosion at lower levels and long durations of relative humidity
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=3239
North America Expected to be Highly Lucrative Region of Global Calcium Chloride Market
- In terms of region, the global calcium chloride market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for more than 40.0% of the calcium chloride market in 2018
- North America is anticipated to hold prominent share of the global market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027, owing to the growth in oil & gas and construction industries and rise in demand for calcium chloride in de-icing and dust control applications. This is boosting the demand for calcium chloride in the manufacture of different concentrations of calcium chloride flakes, prills, pellets, and liquid grade for usage as de-icing agents, concrete accelerators, etc.
- Europe is estimated to be a rapidly expanding region of the global calcium chloride market during the forecast period, followed by North America. This can be ascribed to the rise in snowfall, especially in winter season, owing to climatic changes. Calcium chloride is primarily used to melt snow and ice. Demand for calcium chloride is higher in the U.S. and Europe during winters. Asia Pacific is another region with high demand for calcium chloride, due to the presence of a large number companies operating in construction, oil & gas, and dust control applications in the region
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Industry:
Global Calcium Chloride Market: Competition Landscape
- The global calcium chloride market features a highly fragmented competitive landscape with the presence of a large number of global and regional players. Some of the key players in the global Key players operating in the market are Occidental Chemical Corporation, Qingdao Huadong Calcium Producing Co. Ltd. TangShan SanYou Chemical Industries Co., Ltd., Solvay S.A., TETRA Technologies Inc., Tiger Calcium Services Inc., Ward Chemical, Inc., Weifang Haibin Chemical Co. Ltd., Weifang Taize Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., Sulaksh Chemicals, Nedmag Industries, Zirax Limited, Sitara Chemical Industries Ltd., Auro Chemical Industries Pvt. Ltd., and Sameer Chemicals
The report segments the global calcium chloride market as follows:
Global Calcium Chloride Market, by Product Type
- Flakes 77%
- Flakes 94%
- Prills 94%
- Pellets 94%
- Liquid Grade
- Others (Flakes 83%-87%, Pellets 90%, Powders 90%, etc.)
Global Calcium Chloride Market, by Application
- Dust Control
- Drilling Fluids
- Industrial Processing
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.