Impact of COVID-19 on Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market : Implications on Business
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Key Highlights
- The global hydrogen sulfide scavengers market was valued at ~US$ 440 Mn in 2018, and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% from 2019 to 2027. Increase in crude oil production enhances oilfield operations such as drilling, cementing, production, workover and completion, and well stimulation. This drives the demand for production chemicals such as hydrogen sulfide scavengers.
- The demand for crude oil is increasing year-on-year, and is estimated to reach 100 million barrels per day (including biofuels) by the end of 2019. Crude oil prices are increasing. OPEC members have reduced their production output in order to stabilize prices. Thus, price stability is expected to enhance oilfield operations, and thereby, drive the hydrogen sulfide scavengers market during the forecast period.
Request PDF Brochure : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=50223
Key Drivers of the Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market
- Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is a naturally-occurring gas contained in crude oils. It is also formed in the refining process due to the degradation of sulfur-containing compounds in crude oil at high temperatures. Increasing global demand for crude oil and rising concentration of hydrogen sulfide in oil & gas products formed in the processing of hydrocarbons are raising concerns related to safety, environment protection, and operations.
- A general approach for removing hydrogen sulfide or reducing the amount of hydrogen sulfide is to subject hydrogen sulfide to a treatment containing an agent that chemically reacts with hydrogen sulfide. This agent is called a hydrogen sulfide scavenger.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=50223
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Newly-discovered and Potential Oil & Gas Reserves to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- New discoveries of crude oil and natural gas reserves create opportunities for companies that are operating in the hydrogen sulfide scavengers market. The number of new oil & gas discoveries has increased in countries of Africa over the last few years. Large untapped reserves in Africa are garnering the interest of some of the largest exploration and production companies in the world. This has resulted in new oil & gas discoveries in the sub-region. Thus, newly-discovered and potential oil & gas reserves are estimated to offer lucrative opportunities to the global hydrogen sulfide scavengers market.
Environment- and Health-related Concerns Regarding Use of Non-regenerative Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers
- Reacted triazine byproducts are readily biodegradable and relatively non-toxic. Unreacted, excess triazine has very high aquatic toxicity, and a tendency to form carbonate scales with produced water or seawater. This can result in emulsion stabilization and increase in overboard oil-in-water (OIW) content. Unreacted triazine is also an issue for refineries, as it impacts the desalting process, and it can cause accelerated corrosion in crude oil distillation units, foaming in glycol and amine units, and discoloration of glycol units.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Industry:
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Top Five Players Accounted for Major Share in 2018
- Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Nalco Champion, Hexion, Arkema S.A. Lonza, and SUEZ are some of the top players operating in the global hydrogen sulfide scavengers market. The worldwide reach of these companies and their focus on a wide range of end-user industries are responsible for the significant market share held by these companies. They are investing in the development of new products that are eco-friendly and recyclable.
- On July 3, 2018, Baker Hughes merged with GE’s oil & gas business segment, forming the world’s first full-stream oil & gas company. The new company is the first to bring together market-leading equipment, services, and digital solutions across the entire spectrum of oil & gas development.
- In April 2018, Schlumberger Limited signed a joint venture agreement with YPF S.A. to open a shale oil pilot in Bandurria Sur, Loma Campana, Argentina, with an investment of US$ 390 Mn. The joint venture aims to re-affirm YPF’s leading position in the field of developing unconventional resources, and its commitment toward achieving energy self-sufficiency.
Global Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Research Scope
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market by Process
- Monoethanolamine (MEA)
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- N-methyldiethanolamine (MDEA)
- Diglycolamine (DGA)
- Solid Scavengers
- Oxidizing Chemicals
- Metal Carboxylates & Chelates
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market by Type
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market by Application
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.