Ivermectin Drugs Market: Introduction
- Ivermectin drugs belong to the anthelmintic drug class. These are widely used in the treatment of parasitic roundworm infections. The drugs are used to kill parasites, and thereby improve the quality of life of patients. Ivermectin is also recommended for the treatment of river blindness (onchocerciasis) and diarrhea (strongyloidiasis). It paralyzes and kills the offspring, thereby slowing down the rate of adult worm reproduction, which results in minimal presence of worms in skin, blood, and eyes. Other parasitic infections treated with ivermectin are scabies, trichuriasis, lymphatic filariasis, and ascariasis. Ivermectin drugs are used for both human and veterinary use.
- Ivermectin is widely available and usually administered orally or though injection. It is used to treat various parasitic infections for 3 to 6 months. Side effects of ivermectin include minor complications such as dizziness, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation, and sleepiness. Additionally, research is underway to study ivermectin as a potential candidate for treatment of SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19. According to the WHO, 1.5 billion people were suffering from soil-transmitted helminth infections as of March 2020, which accounted for 24% of the world’s population. Hookworm, Ascaris, and whipworm accounted for the largest soil-transmitted helminth burden across the globe. These factors are projected to drive the market in the next few years.
Request a PDF Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=77739
Rise in prevalence of parasitic infections such as ascariasis, lymphatic filariasis, and river blindness in humans and animals is anticipated to propel the global ivermectin drugs market during the forecast period. According to NCBI, in 2019, prevalence of roundworms in dogs ranged from 1.8% to 5.0%, hookworm infection was estimated to be around 2.5% to 4.5%, and whipworm infection was reported to be around 0.8% to 1.2%. These factors are expected to boost the need of anthelmintic drugs for the treatment of the above infections. .Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ivermectin Drugs Market
- According to NCBI research published in May 2020, ivermectin has antiviral potential to inhibit virus action. This could be a major breakthrough if approved by the U.S. FDA based on clinical trials. Some scientists claim that ivermectin could kill the SARS-CoV-2-virus within 48 hours; however, more data needs to be published to support the claim. These factors are likely to augment the global ivermectin drugs market in next few years. Ivermectin is also widely used and available as an effective in vitro treatment against HIV, dengue, Zika virus, and others. This is projected to boost the global ivermectin drugs market during the forecast period. Rise in prevalence of ascariasis is another factor driving the need of ivermectin drugs. According to CDC estimates, in 2019, 807 million to 1,221 million people across the world were infected by Ascaris and around 604 million to 795 million are likely to suffer from whipworm globally.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Ivermectin Drugs Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=7773
Europe to Lead Global Ivermectin Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global ivermectin drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is projected to dominate the global ivermectin drugs market, followed by Asia Pacific, owing to the presence of key veterinary as well as human anthelmintic drug manufacturers, large veterinary market in EU5 countries, and high awareness about veterinary animal health. Moreover, increase in incidence of roundworm infections among children and poultry is anticipated to augment the ivermectin drugs market in Europe.
- The market in North America is expected to grow at a moderate pace during the forecast period. This is attributed to rise in prevalence of parasitic infections in both animals and humans across the region. Moreover, strong antiviral effect of ivermectin against a number of parasitic diseases in pets and increase in pet ownership is expected to propel the market in the region. According to the American Heartworm Society’s (AHS) incidence survey, in 2016, the average number of dogs suffering from heartworm infection stood at around 21.7% in the U.S. Moreover, ongoing research & development related to usage of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19 and availability of ivermectin drugs for various parasitic infections are the other factors driving the ivermectin drugs market in the region.
Purchase Ivermectin Drugs Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=77739<ype=S
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
US Office Contact
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453