Biocompatible 3D Printing Materials Market: Key Highlights
- The global biocompatible 3D printing materials market was valued at ~US$ 318 Mn in 2018, and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~16% from 2019 to 2027.
- The usage of 3D printing in the medical industry is expected to rise during the forecast period, due to the various advantages offered by 3D printing over traditional printing.
- Increase in the adoption of 3D printing in the medical industry is estimated to boost the demand for biocompatible 3D printing materials during the forecast period.
Request PDF Brochure : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=52266
Key Drivers of Biocompatible 3D Printing Materials Market
- 3D printing is rapidly becoming the preferred manufacturing technology for certain medical applications. 3D printing technology offers higher competitive advantages over traditional manufacturing techniques in the medical industry.
- 3D printing facilitates the easy production of orthopedic implants, dental devices, surgical guides, anatomical models, medical tools, prostheses, and custom enclosures. It is also employed in the printing of organs, bone regeneration, and drug release.
- The possibility of mass customization, i.e. production of highly-customized products, with the added advantage of low-cost production is also projected to boost the adoption of 3D printing in the medical industry. This is estimated to drive the demand for biocompatible 3D printing materials during the forecast period.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Industry:
Prototypes & Surgical Guides Application Projected to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
3D printing is widely used for the rapid prototyping and creation of anatomical models. It is also used to produce surgical guides, which are gaining popularity due to advancements in guided surgical procedures. Surgical guides are used in guiding the insertion and proper positioning of implants.
- The prototyping & surgical guides segment is anticipated to expand at a fast pace during the forecast period, due to the efficiency they provide in surgeries. Accurately printed customized surgical guides are employed for the insertion of implants during surgeries.
Top Five Players Accounted for Major Share of Biocompatible 3D Printing Materials Market in 2018
The global biocompatible 3D printing materials market is consolidated. Currently, the biocompatible 3D printing materials market is expanding. Key players are focusing on research & development activities. The top five players – 3D Systems, Inc., Stratasys Ltd., EOS GmbH, Concept Laser Inc. and Envisiontec Inc. – cumulatively accounted for ~50% share of the global biocompatible 3D printing materials market in 2018. The global biocompatible 3D printing materials market is dominated by 3D Systems, which is the largest manufacturer of biocompatible 3D printing materials across the globe.
- 3D Systems, Inc. offers various products and solutions such as 3D printers, materials, software, and on-demand services. It has a broad portfolio of printing materials, including plastic, nylon, metal, composite, elastomeric, wax, polymeric dental materials, and class IV bio-compatible materials. 3D Systems, Inc. also provides precision healthcare services such as surgical planning, modeling, prototyping, and manufacturing. The company develops new products in order to maintain its leading position in the market.
Global Biocompatible 3D Printing Materials Market: Research Scope
Biocompatible 3D Printing Materials Market by Product
- Polylactic Acid (PLA)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
About Us :
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.