Linksys RE4100W N600 Dual-Band wireless range extender is one of the latest range extenders from Linksys that operates on 2.4GHz and 5 GHz frequencies simultaneously. You can use it to extend the coverage of your existing wireless networks to eliminate Wi-fi dead spots. It can expand the range of wireless home network up to 6500 sq.ft and with this dual band wireless connectivity, you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming, playing online games, and browse the web without interruptions.
Linksys RE4100w n600 Setup via extender.linksys.com
• Connect your extender to the power supply.
• Place your extender such that it lies in the midway of your router and the area without the wireless connectivity.
• Check the LED, if it is blinking amber then place the extender near to the router.
• Once the LED becomes solid green, proceed to the next step.
• Connect your computer or laptop to the extender’s wireless network SSID(wireless network name)
• Fire up any web browser in your PC or laptop and get access to the web-based setup page of your Range extender. Do this by entering the IP address 220.127.116.11 or extender.linksys.com setup in the address bar.
• You will be asked the username and the password of the device. Simply keep the username field blank and enter “admin” as the password in the password field. Click Login.
• Next we need to enter the wireless settings for your range extender to work on. For this, go to wireless and find the basic wireless settings option.
• Move the selection of configuration view to manual and enter the network name or the SSID as per your internet router.
• Next you need to select the wireless security and to do that head over to the wireless security option. You can choose between all the three, WPA2 Personal, WPA personal, or the WEP security setting and enter the password to login to the range extender network and Click on save settings.
• To make sure the settings have been saved and to give the range extender a quick refresh. Unplug the power cable and keep it unplugged for at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power and you can now use your range extender as per your requirements.
Resetting the sku re4100w-4a
Press and hold the reset button of your Linksys RE4100W for 5 seconds to reset the Range Extender to its factory defaults.
RE4100w n600 dual-band Firmware update:
• Launch a web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar and then press [Enter].
• Enter your login credentials. The default password is admin.
• Click on Administration >Firmware Upgrade.
• Click the Browse button sometimes routers have Choose File button.
• Locate and select the firmware file that you have downloaded and then click Open.
• Click the Start Upgrade button.
Now it will start updating. Your linksys range extender re4100w setup is completed.
RE4100W LED light status:
The light on the front of the range extender gives you information about power, firmware update, and signal strength.
Blinking Green • Booting up
• Resetting to factory defaults.
• Upgrading firmware.
Solid Green • Ready to use
Solid Amber • Weak connection with the router.
Blinking Amber • Not connected to the router or other error