With the arrival of 2020, QuickBooks decided to surprise its users with the new payroll line up. QuickBooks Online now offers Core, Premium, and Elite (an all-new package) payroll options with improved features. All the versions provide automatic payroll, access to employee and HR services and time tracking with TSheets. Elite – the newest addition is packed with various advanced features. Contact us to Record an opening balance in QuickBooks.
In this blog, we will address all the common questions that our users may be having related to this line-up. Our experts at QuickBooks Support number are also available via call, email and live chat to provide QuickBooks online payroll support. So, don’t hesitate to reach us whenever you think you require assistance and information. Need Help to reset the password for QuickBooks admin and other users.
New QuickBooks Online Payroll Plans – FAQ
Whether you wish to know which QuickBooks Online Payroll Plan suits your business or wish to get feature-related details, here is all the information.
Question 1: When does the new line up launch?
QuickBooks Online Payroll – Core, Premium as well as Elite was released to certain users in October last year. As of 2020, it is available for all users.
Question 2: What’s in the new health benefits feature?
QBO Payroll users can offer health benefits to their employees by registering for a group health insurance plan. This is an add-on service that only requires the user to Sign up via QuickBooks Online and access the Benefits tab.
Question 3: Does QuickBooks Payroll Elite offer a guarantee?
Elite comes with Tax Penalty-Free Guarantee. In case you get a state, federal or local payroll tax penalty, team QuickBooks will help you resolve it and will also reimburse the penalty amount and interest up to 25 thousand dollars a year.
Question 4: I want both Premium and Elite time tracking. Is there any upgrade option for it?
Time tracking is an integrated feature with the latest payroll lineup. In order to access Premium time tracking, you will require upgrading to QBO Payroll Premium and to access Elite time tracking, you will have to upgrade to QBO Payroll Elite.
Question 5: Will all my clients get enrolled in Auto Payroll?
If you have salaried employees and make use of direct deposit feature, you can easily enroll in Auto Payroll in Core, Premium, and Elite. You will get a notification before getting enrolled. You can also unroll from the service by using the Payroll Settings (gear icon) option available on the right-side.
Question 6: Will my client be enrolled in automated tax form filing and payments? Or is the procedure manual?
In case, you do not want a client to be enrolled in automated tax payments and form filing, you can choose the manual option from outside the QuickBooks Online software.
Question 7: What happens if my clients are unable to pay their payroll taxes in a timely manner? Will team QuickBooks still pay the penalties for the clients?
If the account is not in good standing – does not have sufficient balance, the tax penalty guarantee will not be valid. So, make sure that the account does not fall in the NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) category.
Question 8: Is it possible to download from Elite to Premium or Core?
Yes, you can easily downgrade to Core or Premium by simply call our experts at QB Pro Solution.
Question 9: Will I have to migrate client data manually when the new Payroll options become available?
No, you will not require migrating or re-entering any client or firm history. You will only require accessing the new features. There is no need to move to a new plan for taking advantage of the latest features.
Features Offered by the Latest QuickBooks Online Payroll Line Up
- Auto Payroll: The feature is only available if the company and employees set up is complete, all the employees are salaried and all the employees are set up for direct deport, bank verification, the company is not located in multi-states, the account is not at hold for 6 or more months and online services (e-services) are enabled.
- You may have to pay additional fees for it. The service is available in the Elite and Premium subscription but the features may vary.
- HR support: It is only available in the Premium and Elite subscriptions. If you require HR Advisor Support (advanced), you will require Elite membership. It is not available for accountants who call on behalf of the clients.
- Elite onboarding: Only available for the QuickBooks Online Payroll Elite users.
- Tax Penalty-Free Guarantee: In case you get a tax notice, send it to team QB within fifteen days so that the penalty gets covered. Other additional terms and conditions apply. Call a QuickBooks customer service professional to get more information about this feature.
- Automated forms and tax: The filing and payment of taxes are only available in case of state and federal taxes. It is essential for you to enroll in e-services. In the case of local taxes, you will have to print the forms and upload them to the appropriate local sites. Core subscription does not offer local tax filings and payments. The automated forms and taxes are only available in the QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite options.
- Health benefits for your team: In order to access this feature, it is important that you agree to the terms and conditions first. There is a chance that additional fees will also apply. Insurance coverage eligibility is not fully guaranteed and depends on the rules of the insurance carrier.
We’ve covered all the important questions that users may have. However, if you have additional queries, let us know by leaving a comment below. Our team of experts is always available to provide relevant assistance and guidance. We’d be happy to enlighten you with detailed information regarding the above-mentioned features. one of our team members will get back to you as quickly as possible.