India’s online food delivery market is continuously witnessing robust growth. Encouraging demographics, promising income and consumption levels, changing lifestyles of the consumers along with increasing number of working women has tremendously catalyzed the growth of online food delivery services in India. Moreover, the current competition has significantly impacted the brick mortar restaurant business in India. Moreover, expanding variety of cuisines, extension to delivery services in existing restaurants and emergence of various other new players equally contribute towards the growth of the market. Moreover, as per the survey conducted in India, it has been estimated that 95% of the respondents surveyed order food online, owing to promotional offers and discounts, while 84% individuals said its hassle-free and timesaving. Simultaneously 78% of the individuals order food online attributed to its convenience offered. And 73% order food online because of a wide variety of cuisines on a single click. Furthermore, Bengaluru received the highest number of online orders as compared to other cities occupying 20% market share It is followed by Mumbai, Pune, Delhi and Hyderabad with a share of 18%, 17%, 15% and 12%, respectively, while other cities accounted for 18% of the market share. The rising number of logistics providers has also enabled food delivery companies to optimize their fleet, thereby reducing delivery time. Online food delivery platforms are focused on acquisitions and are collaborating with logistics companies to manage delivery operations in the dedicated region.
Request for Sample of the report – https://univdatos.com/request_form/form/282
Insights Presented in the Report
- Based on service type, the market is fragmented into the restaurant to customer and platform to customer service. The platform-to-consumer model occupied the prominent share in 2018. It primarily deals with the logistics and resource aspects of food delivery along with offering shipment services to the restaurants that do not have in-house delivery resources. Surging investments in this domain have driven the growth in major cities of India.
- Based on the market segment by channel type, the market is segmented into website and mobile applications. The mobile applications captured the maximum share in 2018. Owing to growing smartphone penetration, as well as technological advancements have influenced market growth. Moreover, various discounts offered by restaurants while ordering from mobile applications have further contributed to the growth.
- Based on the market segment by payment channel, the market is segmented into online payment and cash on delivery. The growing awareness of digital money among consumers and the number of partnerships between banks & the online food delivery services providers are responsible for augmenting the adoption of the online payment method. Moreover, government initiative in terms of cashless economy has also impelled the growth.
- For better understanding on the market dynamics of online food delivery service market, detailed analysis was conducted for different states in India including North India (Punjab, Delhi, Haryana , Uttar Pradesh and Rest of North India), South India ( Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Chennai and Rest of South India), West India (Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Rest of West India), East India (West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Rest of East India)
- Some of the major players operating in the market include Swiggy, Zomato, Uber Eats, FoodPanda, Tasty Khana, Fasoos, Domino, Pizza Hut, Fresh Menu and Ready Bowl
Browse Complete Report with TOC – https://univdatos.com/report/online-food-delivery-services-market-current-analysis-and-forecast-2020-2026
Reasons to buy this report:
- The study includes market sizing and forecasting analysis validated by authenticated key industry experts
- The report presents a quick review of overall industry performance at one glance
- The report covers in-depth analysis of prominent industry peers with a primary focus on key business financials, product portfolio, expansion strategies, and recent developments
- Detailed examination of drivers, restraints, key trends and opportunities prevailing in the industry.
- Examination of industry attractiveness with the help of Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study comprehensively covers the market across different segments
- Deep dive regional level analysis of the industry
Feel free to contact us for any queries – https://univdatos.com/request_form/form/282
Online Food Delivery Service Market can further be customized as per the requirement or any other market segment. Besides this, UMI understands that you may have your own business needs, hence feel free to connect with us to get a report that completely suits your requirements.
UnivDatos Market Insights (UMI)