QuickBooks File Doctor Tool – Fix, Repair Damaged Company Files
QuickBooks is a feature-packed software that has largely influenced the accounting sector. This software has single-handedly simplified all the financial needs of entrepreneurs all across the globe. While working with these features and functionalities, QB users at times, encounter certain errors and issues. These errors and issues hinder the processing of QuickBooks. This is where the QuickBooks file doctor comes into play. Your search for an excellent tool to repair the common errors terminates with the QBFD tool. Not many of the QB users are well versed in this tool. Thus, keeping that in mind, we have come up with this article that deals with the majority of the facts related to QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
With the help of this file doctor tool, the QuickBooks users can fix many of the issues that they face while opening a company file, completely damaged company files, network errors (like Error H101, H202, H303, H505, etc.), and error code -6000 (QB Error -6000, -82, QuickBooks Error -6000, -305, QB Error -6147, etc.).
When to use QuickBooks file doctor tool?
You can make the best use of the file doctor tool for resolving the following critical company file errors.
- Unable to open company file
- Error -6150
- Error 6000 -82
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -305
- QB Error -6000 -301
- Error code -6147
- QuickBooks Error -6130
- Missed or blank lists for customer, vendor or employees
- Damaged company file
Advantages of QuickBooks file doctor tool
The QuickBooks file doctor tool can be really helpful in fixing the network issues.
- The victims of QuickBooks errors like -6000 series can make the best use of QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Another benefit of this tool is that it allows the users to fix the errors like H101, H202, H303, or H505.
- In case the user has lost some important data, then file doctor tool can be of much help to them.
- If the user is trying to access the company file in one system, that is stored in another system, then QBFD can work in such cases.
- In the situation when the data is about to get damaged, QuickBooks file doctor tool can be a saviour.
Types of file doctor tool
There can be two types of QuickBooks file doctor tool namely:
- Built-in file doctor for QB desktop 2016 and later
- QBFD stand alone version: This version is used from the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed for the hosting purposes
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Below we have shared few quick steps to download and install QuickBooks file doctor tool into your system
Method 1: Download for the Internet
- The first step is to download the QB File doctor and then run the QBFD.exe file.
- After that, the installation will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, the file doctor will automatically open. You can also open the program from Start or clicking the icon.
- It should be noted that having .Net framework on the system is of much importance, as in case the user is not having the framework, QBFD setup will download it on its own.
Method 2: Download QuickBooks file doctor using QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps you to resolve all your common errors that occurs in your software.
- At first, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and Save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
- After that open QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation finishes, double-click on the Tool Hub icon to open the tool hub.
- When the tool hub open you need to choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. This may take up to one minute for the file doctor to open.
- After that select your company file from the drop-down menu and choose check your file and then Continue option.
Possible outcomes by installing QuickBooks File Doctor
Below are the most possible outcomes after you install QuickBooks file doctor in your desktop to repair crashes & QuickBooks errors.
- The scan completes, and QuickBooks file doctor does not find any problems
- QuickBooks file doctor finds the problem and successfully fixes it
- QuickBooks File doctor identifies the problem but fails to fix it
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor (Built-in)?
Built-in in or internal QB File Doctor identifies the error and launches troubleshooting automatically. Once the QBFD window opens, click Start option and the tool will start operating to fix the issues. The remaining selections will be similar to the above-mentioned stand-alone File Doctor instructions.
- Do not open the company file and open QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the File Menu.
- Select Utilities option.
- Click on Repair File and Network Problems to launch QB File Doctor.
- Click Browse and select the company file that needs diagnosis and Repair and clicks Open.
- Under the Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu, select the type of fix you want your file to undergo and Next.
- Enter the Admin ID and password for the company file when asked and select Next.
- Open the QuickBooks company file after the diagnosis and repairing process is complete.
However, if in case you need any assistance or if the tool isn’t able to fix any issue that you face while using QuickBooks, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise customer service at 1-800-865-4183. Consulting a team of professionals can work well in clearing all your clouds of confusion.