Reopening the Facility Safely During COVID-19 Pandemic
As many countries are planning to reopen stay-at-home orders and extreme social distancing, many facility managers have several questions in their mind. After all, the Coronavirus is still spreading across cities and towns.
The goal of every facility manager is to keep their facility safe, clean and well maintained. So, here is what you need to know about reopening your facility as safe as possible.
Make a plan for safe behavior practices
Businesses and facilities should come up with their own best practices in order to keep their building’s occupant safe when reopening. To limit exposure and or risk of spreading the virus, you should keep desks and workstations farther apart or remove shared items and hire the janitorial cleaning service. Other considerations for safe behavior practices in the workplace involves:
- Leaving the doors open that don’t require to be closed to limit the need for multiple people to touch a door handle.
- Open windows in order to improve ventilation
- Stagger work schedules. Have certain staff members come in on opposite days. Also, allow for work from home when possible.
- Clean and sanitize high-touch surfaces like phones, desktops, keyboards, and touch screen frequently.
- Implement non-punitive sick-leave policies and liberal work-from-home policies to allow sick employees to stay home.
- Decrease social contact as much as possible, and wear a mask.
Utilizing Commercial Cleaning and Disinfection Services
Remember, implementing all of these new procedures and work schedules can take be a time-consuming and hectic task. So, do to manage all of it? Well, one of the best ways to prepare to open your business safely is to hire a commercial cleaning and disinfection service.
Commercial cleaning services have high standards and the right skills to clean and sanitize facilities that need exceptional levels of cleanliness, such as medical centres and restaurants. Commercial cleaning services can offer:
- COVID-19 Cleaning
- Restroom Cleaning
- Window Cleaning
- Glass and Mirror Cleaning
- Trash removal
- Floor Cleaning
How long does Coronavirus last on surfaces?
As you consider the role of a janitor or commercial cleaning services play in cleaning and disinfecting your premises, you should also know how long the virus can be found viable on different surfaces. It can factor into your cleaning routine. You may decide that you require more frequent cleaning to ward off viruses on high-touch surfaces.
Here’s how long the COVID-19 virus can last on different types of surfaces:
- Glass: Five Days
- Wood: Four Days
- Plastic and Stainless Steel: Three Days
- Cardboard and Fabric: 24 Hours
- Copper Surfaces: Four Hours
As time goes by, there generally are fewer instances of live virus found on these surfaces, but they still should be cleaned and sanitized to reduce the risk of spreading infection.
In order to safely open your facility, you have to rely heavily on professional commercial and janitorial cleaning service in Nashville.