Unleash the simple process to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6150, -1006
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006 and don’t know what to do? If yes, then don’t worry, this article will be a savior for you. Many times while working on QuickBooks accounting software, the user might end up in error code 6150, -1006. In today’s article, we will be discussing the causes and rectification steps for the error code 6150, -1006. A user might encounter such error, where the user will be unable to open the company file. Reading the article till the end, can help the QuickBooks users to fix this type of error without any expert assistance.
The user can also get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise error support team, by QuickBooks Technical Support number 1844-857-4846. We own a team of highly experienced and expert QuickBooks professionals, who are well-versed in dealing with the QB associated errors.
Brief into QuickBooks Error code 6150, -1006
Before learning the process to fix this error, it is recommended to first find out what this error is all about. QuickBooks error code 6150, is a commonly encountered error faced by many QuickBooks users while making use of the software. According to a survey this error can be occurs at the time you create, open, or use the company file. Another reason might be that your company file could have some technical issues that need to be repair immediately.
When this error occurs the user might see the following error messages on the desktop screen:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open the company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006)”.
Name of Error: QuickBooks Error 6150
Error code: Error -6150, -1006
Software: QuickBooks Accounting software
Error message: Error 6150: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
What causes QuickBooks error 6150?
- The very first reason can be, any kind of damage or corrupt to the QuickBooks installation.
- In case the user is attempting to open a portable file, without opening the software, then this type of error can be seen.
- Also, if the company file is infected with the virus, the user can stumble upon the QuickBooks error 6150.
- Wrongly typed extension for QuickBooks file that might also lead to error 6150.
- If the user is trying to save the QuickBooks Macintosh file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6150
- If the error message is linked to file-extension of the company file, then the user needs to consider changing the file extension and then saving the company file with a proper extension
- Another symptom can be if company file is not opening up on another device
- QuickBooks not up to date
- Error code displays on the screen
- System freezes for a few seconds
- Windows run sluggishly or do not respond to the keyboard inputs
Procedures to fix QuickBooks error 6150, -1006
Well, the methods to fix the QuickBooks error 6150 can be multiple. In this article, we have discussed the most relevant and effective ones. Let us have a look at each of the methods one by one.
Method 1: Restoring from Backup
- The first step is to visit the QuickBooks and then tap on the file, along with that open or Restore Company.
- After that, the user is required to apply to restore a backup copy and hit the Next option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to opt for the local backup and then hit the Next tab.
- Followed by, selecting the location of the company file backup.
- Once done with that, the choose the backup option, which would be available with .qbb extension.
- The next step is to tap on the open and Next button respectively.
- Now that you have completed the above steps, it is time to visit the save-in drop-down menu and browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file.
- Type a new Company file name and then look whether the save has field has saved it automatically in .qbw format or not.
- Move to the next step by clicking on Yes.
- And the last step is to type Yes to confirm the overwrite process.
Method 2: Look for CryptoWall
In certain cases, the CryptoWall virus and other programs might cause error 6150, ultimately preventing the user from opening the QuickBooks.
The user perform a quick check to decide the next steps to be followed:
- First of all, the user is supposed to open the Windows Start menu.
- And then, type file explorer into the search box, followed by opening file explorer.
- Once done with that, the user is required to look for QuickBooks folder, which could be available in C: drive.
- After that search for the file contain words like decrypt or instructions.
If the user is successful in finding out the files that fit this description, then the user should consult anti-virus provider.
Method 3: Making a new QuickBooks desktop file from scratch
- In this method, the basic step is to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, the user is required to make a new company, on the no company open window.
- Now, visit the QuickBooks setup window and then fill-in the required information.
- The next step is to click on the Create company option.
- And the final step is to begin working by creating customers, chart of account and services etc.
Method 4: Using QuickBooks Auto-data recovery
- To begin with, the user is required to create a new folder naming it as QB Test.
- After that, spot the .tlg files in the company file folder.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to copy .tlg file from the company file folder and then paste the same to QB test folder.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to open the QB Auto Data Recovery folder that can be found inside the company data folder.
- Now, copy the .QBW.adr file from the QB Auto Data Recovery folder and then paste the same into QB Test folder.
- The next step in the process is to right click the .QBW.adr file under the QB Test folder, followed by selecting the Rename option.
- Moving ahead, delete .adr from the end of the file name and then open the QuickBooks software.
- Open the company file from the QB test folder.
- And tap on Utilities option under the file tab, along with that select the verify data to verify whether the issues continues.
- If the issue ends over here, then replace the company file in QuickBooks Data folder with the company file in the QB Test folder.
Method 5: Reinstalling QuickBooks using the clean install tool
- The very first step in this process is to hit the ‘Start button.
- Then, the user is required to select the Control Panel and then click on the ‘Uninstall a program‘.
- The next step is to choose the QuickBooks application and then tap on to the ‘Uninstall/change‘ the app.
- Now, the user is required to select uninstall and carry out the deletion process as per the screen prompts.
- Once done with that, the user is required to download and run QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Move ahead, by clicking on to the ‘I Accept and continue‘ option.
- Now, pick the correct QuickBooks version and hit continue.
- The next step is to tap on OK and then install the QuickBooks accounting software.
- The last and final step in this process is to open the QuickBooks desktop app and you are done with the process.
QuickBooks users might find the error code 6150, -1006 to be time consuming and difficult to handle. However, to tackle this error following any of the above listed methods can work really well. We hope that this article might be of some help to the QuickBooks users in getting rid of the QuickBooks error 6150, -1006.
However, if the user faces difficulty in dealing with the error, even after following the steps-enumerated above, then it is recommended to look for professional assistance. You can simply dial our QuickBooks Support number +1844-857-4846, and our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise technical support team will be there to assist you in a single call.
Source Link: https://bit.ly/30p3GSO