Lip fungal infection is a problem in which a fungus overgrows around the mouth. It may be occurred due to unhealthy lifestyles, pregnancy, poor diet, and other factors. Newborns and infants with this problem often do not require any treatment because it is very common in them. If the adult is diagnosed with this lip infection, then the doctor may prescribe medicated lip fungus cream or antifungal mouthwash. The risk involved in lip fungal infection includes a weak immune system, smoking, or stress which leads to white patches in the mouth, throat, and tongue.
Treatment of lip fungal infection may include following medications and home remedies-
As home remedies for lip fungal infection aimed at decreasing risk factors for infection as well as preventing the overgrowth of yeast. Some of the major home remedies for lip fungal infection can be explained as below-
- Apple cider vinegar- apple cider vinegar is a very common cure for any fungal infection. Due to the presence of antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar helps to kill the fungal infection. In addition, its mild acidic nature help to prevent infection from spreading and promotes health benefits.
- Olive leaves- Due to anti-fungal properties present in olive leaves, so it helps to remove the fungus. Apart from this it also helps in boosting up our immune system which helps in healing the infection. You can make a paste of olive leaves. Then apply it to the infected skin directly. After 30 minute, clean it with lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil- Due to the presence of fatty acid in coconut oil, it becomes an effective solution to remove any type of fungal infection. Leave the coconut oil on the infected lip for a while. Repeat the remedy 2-3 times a day until the infection is cleaned up.
- Garlic- Garlic is one of the best home remedies for infection for fungal infection. It contains the anti-fungal properties which help to destroy the bacteria and yeast inside the mouth. It also helps in boosting up the immune system.
- Neem – Neem has an inflammatory property which helps to relieve the infected area on a lip. Heat the neem oil and then apply it to the infected area will help to heal the fungal infection.
- Plain curd- Plain curd help to treat the fungal infection. As the curd has lactic acid which helps in curing the fungal infection.
- Tea tree oil- tea tree oil has natural anti-fungal properties which help to remove the fungal infection. Mix the olive oil or almond oil in the tea tree oil in an equal amount and apply the mixture to the infected lip.
- Peepal leaves- Peepal leaves help to destroy the fungus and reduce the intensity of symptoms. Firstly, we have to boil peepal leaves with little water. Then let the water cool for some time and use the water to wash the mouth.
Some medication for lip fungal infection are as follows-
- Medicated lip fungus cream
- Lip balm
- Moisturizing cream
- Anti-fungal creams for mouth
Conclusion- As it is concluded above, that there are many home remedies and medication for the mouth which used relief the pain of lip fungal infection.