Sometimes, you might see that your computer is using more resources than normal. And one of the processes that use more resources is wsappx. You can notice that by opening the task manager if you haven’t ever seen that.
Open task with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc and go to the process tab and look for yourself. Due to this process, your CPU load would go up to as high as 70% and then down after a few minutes. You might wonder what this process is and how you can resolve this error.
Well, you’ve come to the right page, and we will explain everything you need to know about wsappx.
Let’s get started.
What is wsappx
Well, it is a process that runs in the background in windows 10 and 8 as part of the windows store and its universal app platform. It includes two background processes which are – AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) and Client License Service (ClipSVC) on your device. In windows 8, it uses one more process called Windows store service (WSService).
This process is used for the installation, updating, and uninstallation of the apps present on your Windows 10 device. So, once the process is done, you wouldn’t need it, and it will not use computer resources anymore.
Wsappx High Disk Usage Issue
You may face wsappx high disk windows 10 issues on your computer when your system is updating one of your programs in the background. It may use the highest CPU, memory, and even disk, and you can see all that in the task manager.
Why it uses high resources:
- It activates the CPU and memory when you access the Microsoft store
- It will use more resources when you download or install an application on your system.
- When you install any application through the traditional method of installing an app in windows, you will also see high activity in the task manager.
- Sometimes, apps are automatically updating in the background, and that causes the high CPU usage on your computer.
To fix the wsappx high disk usage issue on Windows 10, you have these options.
Fix the high disk issue of wsappx
There are many things you can try to fix this issue on your computer, and here are some of them.
Disable the Windows Store – Since it is caused by the Windows store, you can disable it, and the problem will be resolved. Here is how you can do that.
Using group policy:
- Open run by pressing WIN+R and then enter gpedit.msc and hit the enter button.
- Then, you have to navigate to Local>Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Store.
- And then, you select ‘Turn off the Store application’ and click on the Edit policy settings option.
- You have to change the status to enable and click Apply and then Ok to save and exit from group policy.
This way, you can turn off the windows store on your computer, and the problem of wsappx will be resolved.
Extend Virtual Memory – Another solution to this problem is extending the virtual memory for the system. By extending the virtual memory on the system, the problem of wsappx will be eradicated with ease.