6 types of cleaning services in brampton you can offer your customers
Whether you’re just setting up a cleaning business from scratch or expanding your cleaning services in brampton, you’ll need to have a clear idea of the cleaning service types offered in the market. While these cleaning service types have distinct tasks, they also have overlapping qualities, equipment, and even customers.
For example, you can have a customer who needs a deep cleaning service for their home. Floored by your quality of work, they want to refer you to their office administrator for a commercial cleaning service. Or, the same customer needs some laundry and dry cleaning work to be done on a bi-weekly basis.
Although it is a golden opportunity you cannot take it up lightly, for you’ll need specialized equipment, cleaning products, and even more people on your crew to complete a commercial cleaning job without any hiccups. In other words, you need a clear understanding of what every cleaning service type entails before you dive headfirst into it.
Read on to see an overview of seven common types of cleaning services that you can provide your customers.
1. Residential Cleaning Services
House cleaning service in brampton is the process of cleaning a customer’s home when he/she is present or currently out of the house. Customers spend their well-earned money on well-deserved domestic help as it helps them spend more time with their families instead of fussing over household chores.
- Crew: It is your choice to fly solo or hire employees as household cleaning jobs tend to be small and manageable
- Services: Depends on the client you choose, but common cleaning services for this category are room cleaning, kitchen cleaning, bathroom cleaning, vacuuming, and dusting. As your client profile increases, you can offer add-ons like washing, ironing, tidying, strata cleaning, and more
- Cost: With a low barrier to entry, your startup cost will be pretty low
- Equipment: You can use your own cleaning products or request clients to supply them
2. Commercial Cleaning Services
Office cleaning service in brampton is defined as the process of cleaning commercial buildings such as office spaces, schools, community buildings, and more. The cleaning can be scheduled either during the working hours when premises are open or outside of working hours when premises are closed.
- Crew: You will definitely need a team since office premises tend to be a lot larger in area than average homes and generally tend to be time-consuming yet profitable
- Services: Common services include carpet care, upholstery care, wiping, windows washing, dusting, vents and air duct cleaning, toilet cleaning, and more
- Cost: Being a competitive market, your investments will be higher since you will need specialist cleaning equipment, a crew, and transport. Since most of these are risky in nature, a few states require businesses to get proper licensing before they get into commercial cleaning services.
- Equipment: While a few office spaces have their own cleaning equipment, usually, it is up to the service provider to go in prepared
3. Janitorial Cleaning Services
Although most people tend to use janitorial and commercial cleaning services as synonyms or deem one to be a subset of the other, they are quite different from each other. Janitorial cleaning services cover every day, ongoing maintenance and cleaning of buildings like office spaces, schools, industries while commercial cleaning involves bigger, deep-cleaning tasks that are performed once a few times in a year.
- Crew: It is advisable to have a crew in place before offering specialized cleaning services since there is a steady stream of work coming in
- Services: It covers the typical building and premises maintenance activities such as dusting, mopping, sweeping, garbage disposal, air duct cleaning, changing bulbs, refilling tissues, and more
- Cost: Investment and cost spent may fluctuate based on the application you choose (residential, commercial, or industrial) to offer and the equipment you decide to use
- Equipment: You can choose to buy specialized cleaning equipment and products or decide to stick with good-old hand cleaning
4. Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
Although they may sound similar, laundry cleaning and dry cleaning are quite different from each other. While laundry cleaning uses soaps, detergents, and softeners to wash clothes, dry cleaning uses high-end chemicals to remove persistent stains and grease from clothes.
- Crew: You will definitely need a team since laundry businesses need premises and dry cleaning requires proper technique
- Services: While the equipment and articles cleaned remain constant, the way services are provided vary. You can either choose to offer a self-service laundry cleaning or hire a team to do it for your customers. Additionally, you can extend fluff & fold, dry cleaning, and more
- Cost: Initial investment can be little or a lot depending on your choice of location, staff, equipment, and other aspects
- Equipment: You can choose to clean clothes manually or invest in assets like industrial laundry machines
5. Sanitization and Disinfection
In this COVID age, it is critical to keep both homes and offices free from harmful viruses and bacteria that can cause allergies, colds, and coughs. Sanitization and disinfection use physical and chemical means to ensure that our dwellings and office spaces are safe for human inhabitation and cut the COVID chain.
- Crew: While the guidelines to be followed are not as strict as the medical sterilization process, it is better to have a team of qualified cleaners
- Services: While both are a form of decontamination, they differ in application and result. While sanitization mechanically removes microbes and reduces the number of bacteria on a surface or equipment, disinfection destroys viruses, bacteria, and fungi that are present on inanimate objects
- Cost: While it doesn’t cost much to start offering sanitization services it does require a considerable amount of specialized training to get the job done effectively
- Equipment: With technological improvements introduced in the market, it is paramount to stay on top of those changes and adapt to them
6. Green Cleaning Services
Nowadays, the term ‘green’ represents a movement to save our planet and ecosystem as a whole. The entire aspect of this type of cleaning service is to do more (cleaning) with less (chemicals). Supporting green cleaning services can help businesses gain society’s respect and showcase a sense of social responsibility.
What’s more, most governments and commercial businesses consider green cleaning services to be worth their salt only when they are properly certified. While there are a ton of green-cleaning services available in the market, Green Seal and ISSA certifications are the most popular green-cleaning certifications.
- Advantages: Governments around the world understand the need for eco-friendly services and as a result, they provide an array of financial incentives to cleaning service providers who take the green cleaning route
- Crew: While you can use your existing crew to perform green cleaning services, you may have to educate them on green cleaning practices and train them on the use of green cleaning supplies and equipment
- Cost: Like other cleaning services, this type of cleaning service can be started easily with a small investment. However, specialized green cleaning products can increase the money spent on cleaning supplies
- Equipment: To get more done with less, businesses need to invest in high-performance cleaning equipment that is much more secure, reliable, and advanced than their traditional counterparts
Growth and strong customer loyalty are top priorities in most small and medium cleaning business companies across the globe, but too few cleaning business owners focus on expanding their cleaning service offerings to tap into novel opportunities and strengthen their existing customer relationships.
Understanding the various types of cleaning services offered by your peers, and paying attention to their distinct needs, will help you obtain the required diverse services you can offer your customers and take your cleaning business to the next level.
Know of any other types of house cleaning services that we can add to this list? Feel free to pitch in and share your experience. The list is definitely not final and there are more cleaning services that we could add to this list.
Tune in next time when we will be discussing the top types of cleaning services you can offer based on the pricing model.