A pep talk with Best selling author Akash Dadwal about his novel Romantic Mystery
- What inspired you to write this book?
Answer: After reading some thriller novels, I wanted to write my own. So came up with the plot of ‘A Romantic Mystery’.
- Can you tell me about the book?
Answer: This book is story of three friends (Rudra, Ashrith and Ved) who come across a mystery girl and then their whole life takes such a turn which takes them to the unexplored places.
- How well has been the journey fetched you?
Answer: I always enjoyed the journeys more than the destination. So far it has been filled with a lot of learnings and new experiences. Let’s see how it goes ahead.
- What were the obstacles you faced from dreaming about your book and holding it in your hands?
Answer: I never thought that I’d able to write a novel that too t the age of twenty. I faced a lot of problems regarding sentence formation and narration but my mentors helped me a lot. But all the obstacles felt worth when my father held the book in his hands.
- Who were the major backbone in writing and publishing this book?
Answer: My family, publisher and my editor.
- How you came across Eventure publishers?
Answer: After getting my first book published in 2019, I wanted to change my publisher so I started searching on the Instagram and found them.
- What you liked about Eventure the most?
Answer: Their work ethics.
- How you crossed roads into writing, publishing and getting known as a writer? How far has been that way?
Answer: My journey has been magical, for me at least. From reciting poetry in front of my friends to being author of three books, it really seems unrealistic sometimes.
- What did you learn while writing the book?
Answer: That it requires a lot of brainstorming and patience to collect the ideas and then pen them down.
- What surprised you the most?
Answer: I came across many young writers during my journey. I was shocked to see their talent and writing skills.
- What does the title mean?
Answer: The title ‘A Romantic Mystery’ simply signifies the nature of the story. It has an element of romance which comes at the cost of unexpected surprises.
- Were the characters inspired by a real person?
Answer: Kind of, the three friends’ characters have been inspired by me and my friends. Other characters and their storyline is completely fictional.
- Any piece of advice to the budding writers?
Answer: Read more than you write.
- Lastly, who you wanna give a special thanks that helped you come so far?
Answer: I’d like to thank Mr Tanmay Pattnaik, Mr Sanjay Lunia, Mrs Samriti Agarwal and my friends.