Error QuickBooks not loading company file? Here is What to Do
QuickBooks Company file stores your company’s financial records in QuickBooks. You can open the company file to read or modify the company information. However, the company file sometimes fails to open due to errors that get triggered by a corrupt program file or issues with the location of the QBW file. Are you facing the same error? If you are stuck with the QuickBooks not loading company file error, this article is what you need. Read the complete article carefully to understand the solutions to the error.
If you want an easy way to fix QuickBooks not loading company file error, dial (855)-526-5749 and get a QuickBooks professional at your service
Solutions to QuickBooks not opening company file error
Solution 1: Relocate the QuickBooks company file
The location of the company file can be a reason why it won’t open. Therefore to fix that issue, we will move the company file to the Windows Desktop and open it from there. Instructions to relocate the company file are given below. Follow the steps mentioned below carefully to fix the error:
- Go to the Start menu in the bottom left corner of your Windows Desktop.
- Enter File Explorer in the search box, then click on the File Explorer option.
- Find the folder in which your company file is stored.
- Place your mouse cursor on the company file and right-click on it.
- Then click the Copy option.
- After that, go to your Windows Desktop and right-click in the empty space anywhere.
- Click on the Paste option.
- Rename the copied company file to anything or name it Test. To do that, Right-click on the copied company file icon and click the Rename option.
- Then open the QuickBooks application and select the File menu from the menu bar.
- Click the Open or restore company option in the File menu.
- Choose the company file you copied to the desktop, then click open.
- Put the copied file back to its original location from the Windows desktop, and from now on, use the copied company file as the main company file.
- Go to the original company file you copied and rename it by right-clicking the file, then select the Rename option. Name the company file as [company file name]old so that you can distinguish between the copied and the original company file.
Solution 2: Rename the .TLG and .ND files
The .TLG and .ND configuration files allow QuickBooks to access the company files. If the configuration files get damaged or corrupted, QuickBooks will not access the company files. Therefore to resolve this issue, you need to rename the .TLG & .ND files. Steps to rename the files are mentioned below:
- Click the Start menu in the bottom left corner of the Windows Desktop.
- Next, type File Explorer in the search box, then click the File Explorer option.
- Find the folder that has the company file inside it.
- Look for the configuration files with the same name as the company file and .tlg and .nd extensions. For example: [company file name].qbw.tlg and
- [company file name].qbw.nd.
- Right-click on the configuration file, then click the Rename option and change the name of both the files.
- Now, open the QuickBooks application and your company file in QuickBooks.
If the Error QuickBooks not loading the company file is still not fixed, dial (855)-526-5749 to get assisted by a certified QuickBooks Professional.