Factors to consider while buying material handling for your warehouse fulfilment
- Product flow
- Shelf life
- Inventory rotation
- Palette size
- Building details
Discussing your specific needs and factors with a material management expert will help you decide if a single- or double-deep racking option is the best option for you.There is no shortage of racking solutions to choose from for your warehouse or fulfilmentcentre. Perhaps the most challenging part is determining which racking system is best for your particular Warehouse Equipment in Melbourne. Choosing the wrong ranking system can have a dramatic effect on productivity levels and ultimately your profits.
In addition to inventory, there are many factors to consider when choosing a racking system.
- Physical location. You need to know the available square footage, the size of the building and the type of construction.
- Material handling equipment is to be used. Size (dimensions) of forklifts and other equipment used.
- The standard or custom-sized palette will determine the distance for racking elements.
- Durable or finished products. Will determine the desired loading option of FILO or LIFO.
- Product flow. The movement of your inventory through your warehouse will determine the rack or shelter locations.
Racking system storage ideas
Many racking options are based on square footage of the building. The larger the available area, the more racks you can install to increase storage capacity. The trade-off with more available space is that increased racks, wings, speed of equipment and open space for employees are reduced.The good news is, a racking option can increase your available storage by up to 75% compared to traditional selective rack systems or floor stacking options. View products by visiting www.equip2go.com.au.
Drive-in and drive-through rack systems
Drive-in and drive-through racks are exceptionally suitable for warehouses that handle a large number of palatized inventory in a limited number of SKUs. These rack systems are the preferred choice for refrigerated and stable storage as their effective cubing reduces utility costs.
- Both options are cost-effective and fully adjustable for your specific warehouse and inventory needs.
- Bolt-assembled assembly makes the installation process (and no adjustment or maintenance) quick and straightforward.
- Bays match the size of the palette, making your inventory even more organized.
- The depth of the rack can be adjusted from 2-10 palettes per product list.
- The racks can be adjusted to a maximum height of 40 of and are attached to the roof structure for added strength and rigidity.
- FILO and LIFO can be configured for inventory rotation.
- Reducing the number of accesses required increases your available storage capacity.
- Available in a variety of ratings, widths and heights to fit virtually any warehouse configuration or layout.
- Both drive-in and drive-through rack options provide efficient cubing for your inventory.
Even a small warehouse can maximize inventory storage by going vert with a drive-in or drive-through rack system. These systems convert empty overhead air space into organized inventory storage, freeing up valuable floor space for further access and product flow.