How can you improve your health and well-being with homoeopathy?
There are many ways explained by the doctors at Spring Homeo that homoeopathy can be used to improve a person’s health.
There are three common ways to do it:
- Self-care: Individuals use homoeopathic remedies for minor injuries and illnesses
- Acute care: Homeopaths suggest remedies for acute conditions
- Constitutional care: Homeopaths recommend a series of remedies to improve health.
How can homoeopathy be used for self-care or first-aid?
Homoeopathy self-care is very helpful for minor and acute traumas. Homoeopathy aids the body’s natural healing ability by supporting the vital force.
On the other hand, pharmaceuticals suppress symptoms even if they are healing response symptoms (e.g., Acetaminophen suppressing fever). This can make it take longer for the body to heal from acute injuries (such as a sprain), or infectious illnesses (such as the flu or cold).
It is important to keep these things in mind when practising homoeopathy for self-care.
- A medical evaluation is required for any signs or symptoms that indicate a serious illness.
- The doctors at Spring Homeo advise you to seek professional assistance if you’re trying to treat an acute illness homeopathically that doesn’t improve in three days.
- Learn the differences between single-remedy treatments for acute symptoms (for whom you can follow clear symptoms to remedy and dose) or multiple remedy products which take the shotgun approach but may add to the complexity of your condition by bringing in proving symptoms. Visit Spring Homeo for more information about proving symptoms.
- Be aware of the specific aspects of your problem when choosing a remedy. Instead of stating that you have a sore throat, take a look at the details. For example, a left-sided sore neck with fever, irritability, and touch sensitivity. Drinking cold water can help.
What to put in a first aid kit?
You can make a home first-aid kit. This is useful for self-care or when you are referred by a homoeopath to get help for an injury or illness.
A first aid kit with all the remedies is an economical and easy way to go. A typical home kit would contain 30-40 remedies at 30c (the most commonly used potency for self-care). Travel kits and camping kits can contain as few as 10 to 15 medicines.
What is homoeopathy and how can it be used for acute care?
Homoeopathy can be used to treat acute illnesses that are more severe or last longer. However, you should always consult a professional homoeopath. For optimal results, close monitoring is important as the homoeopath may need to change the potencies and type of remedies as symptoms change.
In the initial stages of influenza, you may experience a high fever and generalized body pains. Oscillococcinum is an over-the-counter homoeopathic remedy that has been proven to reduce flu symptoms but is not specific.
Your symptoms will improve over the next few days. You feel cold and irritable. Your mucous membranes are dry and your thirst is intense. A splitting headache is common. It gets worse with every movement. Your homoeopath advises that you take a 30c Bryonia from the first aid kit, and check back in six to eight hours.
Bryonia may require you to continue taking it, or your symptoms may change.
What is constitutional care?
Many healthcare systems, such as Ayurvedic, Naturopathic, Traditional Chinese, have the concept of a “constitution”. This is the belief that certain traits are inherent in an individual’s nature. For example, someone might be more inclined to be cold than others, to want to be tended to when they are ill, to crave fatty foods or to feel sad.
Pie chart with equal parts: Mental, emotional and physical. Each system of medicine can help you to understand your patient and guide your treatment.
Homoeopathy uses a remedy picture to identify a person’s constitution. This remedy picture is often used to treat chronic and long-term conditions. This is often referred to as their “remedy”, meaning their constitution type.
The “constitutional” method of prescribing remedies is based on the most distinctive, unique symptoms. The patient’s constitution or nature is the main focus.
This is classical homoeopathy in the same way, following the original Hahnemann principles. This is in contrast to other methods of prescribing homoeopathy remedies, such as alternating or taking two remedies at once, testing compatibility with patients using electrical devices or injecting homoeopathic remedies via needles.
There are many reasons that Constitutional Care is necessary:
- It can be used in a preventive, or optimal, health program. The similimum is the remedy that best suits the person’s mental, emotional and physical health. This helps to balance and support vital forces to improve one’s overall health and function. Although one’s similimum may be the same as their constitutional remedy, an acute illness might indicate a different similimum.
- This can be used to address recurring or chronic healthcare problems. You may need to use one or more remedies to correct the imbalance. This can be used in conjunction with traditional medical care. However, good communication is important. Certain medications can interfere with the ability to treat the problem. Successful treatment may reduce the need or dosage of pharmaceuticals.
- Homoeopathy can be used to ease transitions or palliate at the end of life.
What is the frequency and duration of constitutional treatment?
Many homoeopathic remedies can be used, with different potencies and durations. A prescriber might take a case, select a remedy, and then prescribe it as a single-dose, one-time treatment. The client is instructed to self-monitor the progress and report back within four to six weeks.
A happy, healthy woman It all depends on the severity of the symptoms and their vital force. The level of improvement and aggravation as well as the nature of the imbalance.
There are many possibilities. However, the impact of a prescriber identifying a client’s constitutional similimum on their entire being is one example. A client might reach a point where he or she is doing well without any symptoms. There is no need for further treatment.
Then, life happens. The symptoms of extreme stress may return, such as the loss or trauma to a loved one. A dose of the constitutional remedy could be helpful. You could also take it at the time the stress is occurring, to prevent symptom complaints.