If you’re a jewelry maker or something similar, you know how to test for the quality of stones. But what about semi-precious beads? Here are some things to look for!
>Labels – This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to note that not all quality beads come from expensive retail stores. Label-less beads are difficult to authenticate and, therefore, require more scrutiny.
>Shape and Size – Shape is a very personal preference as far as the wearer goes, but many bead types can be classified as either “spherical” or “oval”.
There are several different shapes that fall under each category, so to speak:
Semi-precious tigers eye beads for bracelets are sold in various sizes. One way to test this is to hold a bead up against a ruler.
Hole Size – The size of the hole is a large factor as well, but you have to look closely to see it. You should be looking at the size of the hole from the side and from directly above, not just what you can see through it. Is it perfectly round or does it look more like an upside-down teardrop? If you don’t feel comfortable or have the equipment for testing, ask someone who does. The hole size can affect the bead’s durability and how well it can be threaded.
Color – Color is a personal taste, but to the trained eye, color is a sign of quality. The more vibrant the colors are, the better quality the beads are in general. You’ll also want to look at how well colored they are against their surroundings. If they start to lose their color in comparison to an adjacent bead, it could be an indication that they aren’t high quality.
These kinds of tests are pretty easy and quick if you know what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
How to Spot Fake Semi-precious Gemstones?
- There are many things that people enjoy about the semi-precious gemstone jewelry industry. It’s a booming business with huge profits and a fun hobby for people who want to get into fashion.
- Unfortunately, the industry is also prone to fraud and scams which can leave consumers with fake items that they spent money on. In this article, you’ll get to know about how you can spot fake semi-precious gemstones to avoid being taken advantage of by fraudulent sellers.
- As you shop for your favorite pieces, it’s important to know a few things about how to spot fake semi-precious gemstones. First, only trust businesses that are legitimate and have a history of being trustworthy.
- It’s a good idea to research the seller before you make the purchase – you should go to forums and reviews online to see what other people have said. If there are negative reviews, be sure to do some more research before purchasing.
- Another thing you can do to avoid buying fake semi-precious gemstones is looking for signs of quality craftsmanship and materials when you inspect the jewelry.
- The gems should have good color saturation and they should be a deep purple or blue. Any sort of yellow or green shade will indicate that the item is fake.
- The jewelry also needs to have a well-designed setting and be free of defects like chips in the metal. The best stores will back up their products with a guarantee, so be sure to look for this when you are buying!
- It can also help to do some research into the conditions that would cause a piece of jewelry to become damaged or fake – this way you can recognize signs of craftsmanship that are subpar.
- A business that’s selling lots of fake semi-precious gemstones will usually try and advertise very low prices to get people interested in their products.
How to know if the semi-precious beads are fake?
It is not always easy to tell whether something is real or fake when it comes to semi-precious beads. You may find yourself in a store with many different types of beads, and you don’t know which ones are the real deal and which ones are fake. To help people make this decision, this guide will brief you on how to tell if the beads are fake or not.
First, you need to know a little bit about how these beads are made. Real semi-precious beads are made from real stones that have been cut and polished. You won’t be able to tell the difference between the two by simply looking at the bead. It’s also important to keep in mind that there are some people that try to imitate the design of genuine semi-precious beads for profit.
The imitation versions often look very similar to the real ones, but they don’t have any kind of flaws or imperfections on them as real ones do.
The best way of telling real and fake beads apart is by doing a careful inspection. The only way you can do that is by looking at the bead under a magnifying glass. You are going to need a sturdy magnifying glass, as the fake ones usually don’t have any kind of light inside.
When you get your magnifying glass ready, look at the bottom of the bead. If there is an oval shape with different cutouts on it, it’s probably fake. This fake-looking square will usually show up in many other semi-precious beads too, like star-shaped ones, and also come with different colored stones as well as silver or gold plated versions.
How often have you found a beautiful bead at your local bead store and wished it was just a bit larger? Well, that’s where this reliable seller comes in. Dream of Stones specializes in quality semi-precious beads, many of which measure up to 3mm. Their website is easy to navigate and their wholesale prices can’t be beaten. Dream of Stones is an online retailer specializing in quality semi-precious beads, many of which measure up to 3mm. You can visit their website online and get tiger eye beads for bracelets or other types of beads in bulk