New World: Complete Crafting Skills Professions Guide
When you arrive at Aeternum, you will immediately face challenges to overcome. Crafting is one of them. If you are new to the New World trade system, there are seven crafting-related skills: Armoring, Arcana, Cooking, Engineering, Furnishing, Jewelcrafting and Weaponsmithing.
These crafting-related skills allow players to create different items, including weapons, ammo, armor, harvesting tools, food, and so on. It is very advanced, and if you want to dedicate your time to making different stuff, you will have a lot of fun and will be able to earn important game currency New World MMO Coins.
- Weaponsmithing – this profession allows making different types of weapons like swords, great axes, rapiers, and war hammers. It also allows making repair kits for equipment and honing stones for increasing weapons damage.
- Armoring – allows producing different types of armor: light, medium leather armor, all types of bags to increase inventory capacity.
- Jewelcrafting – allows making different types of jewelry.
- Engineering – allows making Muskets and ammunition, Bows and arrows, siege weapons, and harvesting tools. Requires Engineering Station.
- Outfitting – allows making light armor, rings, trinkets, and so on. Requires Outfitting Station.
- Alchemy – allows making different tinctures, potions, coatings. It also allows making Magical Gauntlets. Requires Alchemist’s Station.
- Cooking – allows cooking different types of food.
As you craft more and more, your level increases which, in turn, opens up the way to new Crafting Recipes; Gathering Trade Skills work in a similar fashion: you have to gather lower-level materials to reach the threshold where higher-level materials become available. The Forge, for example, lets you level up Armorsmithing, Weaponsmithing, and Engineering, so make sure you carefully study which items you need beforehand. Aside from this, it’s really all about perseverance. You can unlock stuff as you see fit, as long as you have the proper materials.
Every profession has a dedicated Trade Skill that shows your rank in that profession. The higher your Trade Skill level is, the more recipes you can use. If you want to become one of the best in a certain profession, mastering the skills is very important.
Also, as a player’s crafting skill increases, the yield of each crafting attempt has the chance of increasing. For instance, a low-level Arcanist might produce one Healing Tincture per crafting attempt, while a high-level Arcanist might produce two or more.
Finally, the potential range of gear score for crafted items increases as a player’s crafting ability increases. Eventually, the minimum crafted gear score will also increase. This increase means that gear crafted from a lower-tier material by a highly skilled craftsman could potentially grant a higher gear score than the same item crafted from a higher-tier material by a lesser-skilled craftsman. And as a player’s crafting skill increases, the likelihood that they will craft an item with an Empty Gem Socket or Perks increases.
By the way, each profession requires a special Crafting station. Usually, they can be found in Settlements. There is one thing to keep in mind: every station has its level. Low-level stations allow players to craft only low-level stuff. But if you are an advanced crafter, you need to search for higher-level stations to produce cool items.
There are many roles to play in New World. Whether you are exploring remote and dangerous places to gather resources or mastering the Forge to produce incredible weapons that change the course of a war, you can leave your mark on Aeternum.