Purpose and Types of Artificial Intelligence Technology
Artificial Intelligence is becoming a common term in our lives with each passing day. Most people have heard about AI technologies and are very well aware of this terminology. It is the intelligence applied proficiently through coding to get the desired outcome. In other words, it is a human intelligence programmed in a machine to act rationally like humans. Not only the artificial intelligence service companies, but tech giants like Apple and Google are dedicatedly investing resources to breakthrough in this technology. The most common examples of Artificial Intelligence technology are Siri and Alexa. Specifically, it is the demonstration of human ideas through machines.
Every artificial intelligence technology serves a different purpose, has several benefits for business, and various types of technology consisting of different kinds of work that will help to use it effectively.
Purpose of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is termed differently by multiple people. It depends on the channel where AI technology has been used and implied. The sole purpose of AI technology has described as below:
1. Creativity in technology: Virtual Reality, Drones, Live streaming apps, and Motion animation are well-known examples of the creative side of artificial intelligence. These technologies analyze the workflow and easily simplify it for implementation. It is a combination of creativity with familiar ideas.
2. Decision Making: Improvement in decision-making is another aspect of artificial intelligence. It has based on the input data that will provide rational decisions like humans. Also, it will help in saving time and gives better decisions.
3. Machine Learning: The main idea of Artificial Intelligence here is to provide access to the machines by programming the algorithms to set up the system. The foremost aspect of machine learning is to produce the best results. Machine learning consists of four types mentioned as below:
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Semi-Supervised Machine Learning
- Reinforcement Machine Learning
4. Business Process Optimization: This aspect is a popular part of the business world, but most people are unaware that they are using it in their routine. However, unaware of the fact that it has already become an integral part of their life. For some, AI might be a robot-walking technology, but it has gone way beyond the robotic idea. This technology is now behind many business process management tools. It has now been used vastly in industries such as back-office activities like administrative services and financial processes, automotive, data collection & analysis, and recruitments.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is a vast concept, so it is crucial to understand how this concept has been classified into different types. It has been divided based on capabilities and functionality.
1. Type 1 of Artificial Intelligence
This type of AI is based on technology and capabilities. It is further divided into three parts, I.e., Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI), Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), and Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI).
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI): It is also known as Narrow AI or weak AI as it cannot function beyond its limitations and pre-defined set of rules. It is a type of intelligence that can only work for a particular set of tasks. Purchasing through e-commerce sites, image recognition, speech recognition, and Siri are a few examples of ANI.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI): General AI is an aspect in which the machine can be able to think rationally like human beings. This process is still under the developing stage and the main focus of the researchers is to find a way to introduce human emotions through this technology to make them act and behave like humans.
- Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI): Super AI is the most advanced stage of artificial intelligence. The main motive of this AI is to make the machines capable enough to make better decisions and performs task better than human. This concept is still a hypothetical argument in the real world.
2. Type 2 of Artificial Intelligence
This type of AI is based on functionality. It further includes four types, I.e., Relative Machines, Limited Memory, Theory of Mind, and Self-Awareness.
- Relative Machines: This technology can produce a response like humans to different kinds of simulations. The fact about this machine is that it does not need any base to store memory for any type of action. They respond as per their present scenarios with no record of past experiences for future references. IBM’s Deep Blue and Google’s Alpha Go are examples of relative machines. However, it has been seen that these machines follow the same way to function every time they got into the same situation.
- Limited Memory: This type of machine can act as per their past evaluations and learn from the previous experiences. Self- driving Cars and Fingerprint scanning machines are examples of these types of technology. These AI systems are involved in learning to make mindful decisions. The data stored in these machines is for a limited period of time.
- Theory of Mind: The term ‘Theory of mind is still under the developing stage of AI. The main purpose of this technology is to understand emotions, people, and their beliefs so that they can interact socially like human beings. The above two technologies are practical whereas this concept is still under research stage and it is under the best practice of the developers to make these machines in practice.
- Self- Awareness: This aspect of AI is still under theoretical terms as it will take centuries to bring such a concept into existence. The main agenda here is to make these machines super intelligent and way smarter than humans, and remain conscious, and have self-awareness.
There is a high possibility of Artificial Intelligence becoming the future as its dynamics are going to make a tremendous change in human life. This technology not only simplifies the tasks for human beings today but can do miracles for human beings in the future. With the high level of ‘Algorithm-based Machine Learning’ & ‘Knowledge Engineering, the best outcomes can be expected from this technology.