QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File? Here’s What to Do
QuickBooks allows you to store a company’s financial data in a company file. You can create a new company file every year and back up the old one to keep a fresh record of data in an organized manner. Backing up the company files will save space and company information for further use. However, you may sometimes face issues, which will prevent you from backing up the file. Usually, QuickBooks is unable to back up company files due to the damaged .ND file or corrupted backup folder. You can verify the backup directory to resolve the issue. Below in this article, you will find the most effective solutions to the error with the step-by-step instructions to follow. Read the article until the end to know why QuickBooks unable to back up a company file and how you can fix the issue?
Dial 844-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Professional to resolve the QuickBooks Back up failed error.
Why QuickBooks back up Failed on your computer?
Usually, QuickBooks errors are caused due to more than one reason. The most common reasons why QuickBooks is unable to back up the company file are listed below:
- Corrupted or invalid backup directory.
- Damaged .ND file.
- The company file is damaged.
- Outdated QuickBooks.
You need to know the cause of the error to know the most appropriate solution that gives the best outcome. You can use the hit and try method if you cannot find the cause of the error.
What to do when QuickBooks Back up Failed?
It would be best if you found out what is causing the QuickBooks Backup fails on your computer to imply the solutions accordingly. The methods to troubleshoot the error are listed below:
1.Verify and Rebuild Data
Verify data utility ensures whether company data is damaged and causing the error or not. If Verify Data utility diagnoses the company data damage, you need to use the rebuild data utility. The steps to verify and rebuild the data are given below:
- Open QuickBooks and select the file menu.
- Choose the Utilities option.
- Click Verify Data.
- If you see the error message “your data has lost integrity,” that means the company file data is damaged. You need to use the rebuild data utility to repair the damage.
- You need to open the file menu again.
- Select Utilities and then click Rebuild Data.
- Wait for the repair to complete.
- Finally, when you see the message “Rebuild has completed,” click OK.
2.Rename .ND file
If the backing up company file failed due to a damaged network data file, you need to rename the .ND file to recreate the file and fix the error. Follow the steps provided below to rename the .ND file:
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks application.
- Next, open the File Manager.
- Follow the path C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Search your QuickBooks network data file. Your network data file has .ND extension and same company file name
- Then right-click the .nd file and click the Rename option.
- Change the name to [file name].nd.OLDFILE.
This article aims to explain the solutions and reasons why QuickBooks unable to back up company file. The solutions explained above include renaming the network data file and rebuilding the company data file. The error can get triggered due to the invalid or inappropriate backup directory. Check the backup directory to resolve the error. If QuickBooks is still unable to back up the company file, dial 844-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Expert.