The Biggest Problem with Dlinkap.local Setup and how to fix it?
D-Link wifi range extenders are the most widely used products. These extenders are best both in terms of size and performance. There are chances that you face some errors while accessing the dlink extender through http://dlinkap.local. In this post, we will provide you some troubleshooting tricks to fix the dlinkap.local setup issues.
Basic tips to fix the dlinkap.local login issue
- Firstly, shut down any client device connected to your extender.
- Unplug both the modem and your main router.
- And, then unplug the D-Link range extender and switch it off.
- Wait for 20-30 seconds.
- Plug the modem and router back to the power outlet.
- Afterward, connect the dlink extender to the wall outlet and turn it on.
- Finally, connect the extender again to your device such as PC.
Troubleshoot the Dlinkap.local not working error
- First, make sure you are typing in the correct web address and admin details of the Dlink extender.
- The default web address is http://dlinkap.local.
- The Dlink extender login default credentials are admin and password.
- If you get an error message when attempting to access dlinkap.local, try to clear your browser cache, cookies.
- Make sure you are using the advanced version of the browser to set up your dlink device.
- Using a different browser might resolve the dlinkap.local not working error.
- Another way to access the dlinkap.local login page is through the extender’s default IP address.
- Try connecting to the extender using a wired connection instead of WiFi.
- Furthermore, you can use a different device such as a PC, laptop to access dlinkap.local.
- Also, try to update the Dlink extender firmware to the advanced version.
- If the above steps don’t fix the issue, perform a factory reset on the D-link extender.
How to reset the D-Link wifi range extender?
The process of the Dlink extender reset is accomplished with a reset button or using a configuration page.
Method 1: Using the reset button
- With the extender on, press and hold the reset button on the extender using a paperclip or a sharp pin.
- You can locate the reset button inside a hole on the base of the dlink extender.
- Hold the button for at least 5-10 seconds. The LED light will turn red, indicating the extender is rebooting.
- Once reset, try accessing the extender using http://dlinkap.local.
Method 2: Using the web management interface
- Login to the dlinkap.local setup page. From the web configuration interface, navigate to the Management section.
- Now, click on the System tab from the menu. Next, click on the Restore factory defaults option.
- On the next screen, you will see a warning message to confirm the factory reset.
- Click on the Ok button to confirm the reset and wait for the extender to reboot.
These were some basic and advanced troubleshooting tips to fix the dlinkap.local setup issues. If still, you cannot access your extender or face issues, you can get help from the technical expert team. Simply, dial our toll-free number to get in touch with the experts.