Unable to download the latest Payroll in Quickbooks
Quickbooks has come with so many features. Payroll is one of them. But, sometimes while working on it, the user encounters various errors. These errors can lead to lots of disturbance. In this guide, we are going to learn about one such Quickbooks Error PS033. It denies the user to download the latest payroll and occurs at the time of updating payroll and accessing the company file.
With the error, you usually get a message that states “Quickbooks can’t read your payroll setup files.” The main reason behind the occurrence of the error is the damaged file in the CPS folder. But, there are lots of other reasons too that you must know, like:
- In case you have not registered for Quickbooks.
- The billing information is not correct.
- Damaged components of the tax table file.
- If Quickbooks company file becomes damaged and corrupted.
To eliminate the issue, we need to perform some troubleshooting that will help in removing all of these causes. So, let’s move ahead and learn solutions to resolve the error.
Solutions to Enable Payroll Update in Quickbooks
You can try out these solutions to enable payroll updates in Quickbooks. Ensure to perform every step carefully.
Solution 1: Rename the CPS folder
- To initiate, you need to press Windows + E keys simultaneously to access the file explorer.
- Now just select this PC on the left menu.
- After that, you need to visit the local disk C.
- In the next step, try to open the program files (x86) then the Intuit folder.
- Alternatively, you can open the program files folder if you cannot see the program files (x86).
- Once done with that, open the Quickbooks desktop folder that matches the version you used.
- Moving on, open components and payroll folder.
- Proceed to the next step and right-click the CPS folder to choose the rename option.
- Now, type CPSOLD and hit the enter key to successfully renaming it.
- Next, you require to make a new CPS folder and access the Quickbooks desktop.
- In the final step, just download the latest payroll tax table update.
Solution 2: Examine if you have a duplicate copy of Quickbooks
You need to examine that only one installation of each version of Quickbooks desktop is available on the system. To confirm it, try out these steps:
- The first and foremost thing for you to do is to press Windows + R button that will display the run window.
- Now you need to enter the control panel followed by hitting the OK button.
- Once done with that, choose to uninstall a program.
- Now, just ensure that you have only one of each year’s versions in the list.
Solution 3: Reorganize User Account Control (UAC) in Windows
- Start the procedure by pressing Windows + R button together.
- When the run window displays, you need to type the control panel and hit the OK button.
- Moving on, choose the user accounts and then select the user accounts classic view.
- In the next step, tap on the change user account control settings.
- Now, if there comes a UAC then just select the Yes tab.
- You need to move the slider in this stage.
- Through slider, set to never notify and hit the OK tab to disable the UAC.
- Or, set to always notify and hit the OK tab to enable the UAC.
- In the last, just reboot your system.
Solution 4: Carry out a Clean Install in Selective Startup
This is the last solution that can perform to enable payroll updates in Quickbooks. To do so, dive into the steps below:
- To begin, you need to prepare the data.
- Then, just start the computer in selective startup mode.
- In the next step, you need to uninstall or install Quickbooks desktop.
- Finally, just make sure to switch back to normal startup mode.
So, these are all the solutions that will help you in getting your payroll update. Hopefully, the error gets resolved and you are now using the feature. You can also take some additional help from the Quickbooks technical support team if it is required.