What are the Documents required for professional tax
Every employer liable to pay Professional Tax on annual basis and every employee whose income is Rs. 15000 or more is liable to pay professional tax of Rs. 200 per month.
Professional Tax registration is mandatory within the 30 days of employing any of staff in a business or, in case of professionals carrying out some form of business within 30 days from the start of the business.
There are two types of Profession Tax certificates that a company needs:
- Professional Tax Registration Certificate (PTRC) is required for its role as an employer;
- Professional Tax Enrolment Certificate (PTEC) that empowers the company to deduct Profession Tax on salaries of a certain amount.
Profession Tax is a tax levied on the employment and Profession by respective State Government of India. Professional tax is collected by the state to provide the infrastructure to enable you to run your business.
Different states in India have their different rates and methods of collection. The professional tax is not imposed in all the Indian states. The states in which professional tax is imposed by the state government are west Bengal, Tripura, Telengana, Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, Odisha, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka, Gujarat, Chattisgarh, etc. Professional Tax is is not applicable in Union Territories including Delhi, and states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh etc.
Here is the list of documents required for Professional tax Registration
- Incorporation Certificate, MOA & AOA / LLP Agreement.
- Duly attested PAN card of Company/LLP by directors of the company
- List of Directors
- If the company owns the premises, premises proof of Company is needed. If not, a NOC from the owner of the company premises is needed.
- Bank Account details of the Company: bank statement and Cancelled cheque
- Id and address proof of all directors
- Passport size Photographs of all Directors,
- Attendance & Salary Register
- Board Resolution or consent statement of partners
- Certificate from Commercial Tax Department
If any documents have been missed out, then you can submit in 7 working days. Generally, a government auditor will inform you about this. In case of any query, you can get in touch with any professional tax registration specialist.