What Is Airbrush Tanning? And How To Make Your Airbrush Tan Last Longer
Yonks ago, tanned skin was considered unhealthy and unalluring. It relates to poor maintenance of skin and lack of money. Those days are long past, and tanning has a huge rage in the industry in any tanning salons and spas.
Also, the days are past that you don’t need to worry more about skin cancer and sunburns from the effects of tanning as now there is an occurrence of “SUNLESS” tanning!
Fashion industry trends are fast and furious. Week after week, there is always something new that is making the rounds. “Fake tan” and “Spray-on tan” are accessible, affordable, and quick ways to get some tan without risk. And one of the popular options is airbrush tanning. Celebrities have made it a lasting trend, making it addictive to people.
So, What is airbrush tanning?
Airbrush tanning includes a session in which professional technicians go for the perfect formula for your specific skin tone. This step is essential as each person has a unique skin tone and requires a particular tanner shade. Especially if you want your skin to look naturally tanned.
The solution is sprayed onto your skin using an airbrush tanning gun. It should be applied in an optimal way and to all the areas of your body. One important step is to remove excess airbrush solutions to certain parts that you don’t want to be tanned much. It includes knees, elbows, underarms..and other self-tanning products. It is stain and streak-free.
This tanning solution has an active ingredient called DHA, a harmless mixture that leads to a safe and natural tanning reaction in the outermost layer of your skin.
Organic airbrush tanning vs. airbrush tanning
Airbrush tanning is an application of tanning solution that is evenly applied to the body with an air compressor. A high-tech spray gun gives the skin a darker and different color by a professional tanning artist.
The organic tanning is sprayed with an organic solution that is evenly sprayed on the body to give you a naturally beautiful and bronzed tan appearance. Organic spray tans make use of natural ingredients.
How to make your airbrush tan last longer?
It is a great way to save your time and skin by getting an airbrush tan. But how long does it last? Usually, about a week but with proper aftercare, you can extend your tan to maintain a glow.
Steps you need to follow before tanning solution:
Before getting an airbrush tanning, clean and exfoliate your skin. Do at least three hours before tanning. The DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) is an active ingredient that creates airbrush tan and comes from natural sugar cane. This ingredient interacts with amino acids with your skin layer to produce a brown color. You need time to allow amino acids in your skin to rebuild.
Also, before tanning, remove lotions, perfume, deodorants, gels, oils, or any other product that could create a barrier.
Steps you need to follow after tanning solution:
- Avoid moisture such as sweating, showering, swimming, or hot tubs for at least 12 hours.
- After your first shower, apply lotion every day. However, if you don’t use a lotion that contains mineral oil or petroleum can cause early fading and streaking.
- Keep shaving to a minimum.
- Avoid chlorine and salt water; it will fade the tan.
- Don’t use anything harsh on your skin after airbrushing.
- Don’t rub your skin to dry after showering or bathing, but rather pat yourself dry.
Pros of Airbrush tanning
- A technician manages the process. It could be modified to suit your tanning needs by coordination and communication. You can also decide how much tan your specific body requires.
- In this, you can quickly notice any kind of reaction or allergies and rectify them. You can even test the solution by applying a small portion of it to observe any reactions beforehand to your skin.
- The airbrush is designed to reach into areas that are usually concealed. For example, under the breast, inner thighs, etc. The ease of access is possible because of controlled application and administration.
- Hygiene is not compromised for everyone because of regular use. These airbrushes are cleaned daily and maintained by beauticians.
Cons of Airbrush tanning
- You need to fix an appointment is a huge drawback. Appraising the number of clients any good tanning salon would have, so it is a real test to get an appointment that goes with your routine.
- It might be a little uncomfortable for many people regardless of gender because it involves undressing the beautician. So that to effectively tan your body.
- Search for the tanning salon near me, and the charges depend on how famous the beautician is. Everyone’s desire for quality work and cost depend on the class a beautician offers.
- You need to search for qualified beauticians and find salons that offer you benchmark service.
Get it with all your heart and make it last longer
Even though you need to upkeep with an airbrush tan, that can take some effort from your side. But think positively; at least you aren’t dealing with UV exposure and skin peeling that come from getting tan from the sun. The tanning salons have many options to choose which one is right for you. Also, they have products that help you extend your tan as well. So go for airbrush tanning that is right for you!