What to Expect Before, During and After Laser Hair Removal?
When it comes to hair removal we have multiple options available such as – waxing, shaving, laser hair removal, and much more. However, the most effective and long-lasting method is laser hair removal. It is the only way that offers a more permanent solution to the body or even facial hair.
Getting rid of body hair on a daily or weekly basis consumes a lot of time, efforts and money whereas in the laser hair removal technique the process is quick and cost-effective. There are so many pros to getting laser hair removal apart from just a hair-free body. Just like any other procedure you are doing to your skin it is always wiser to do complete research on the outcomes and in and outs of the procedure.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRE TREATMENT CARE –
There are some tips you should keep in mind before going for your first session of laser hair removal.
- Try to avoid UV sunlight for at least 7 days prior to your treatment. The tanned skin can cause issues like discoloration or reaction after the laser hair removal treatment. Try to avoid any kind of sun-exposure and apply sunscreen before stepping out of the house to avoid any kind of sun reaction or even tanning. In case of tanning go for some exploiter to remove any residual colour and wait for 2 weeks.
- Do not wax your body before going to the treatment. As we all know that laser light or electric pulse directly attracts the follicles, removing the hair from its roots is not a good choice before going for the treatment. You can shave your body with a clean new razor so that the light can find the follicles more easily. Some laser hair removal clinics reschedule the appointment for the unshaved client.
- Avoid chemical peels, scrubs or other chemical products at least 4-5 days before your appointment.
- Try to avoid any kind of alcohol consumption a night before your laser hair removal appointment.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR TREATMENT.
- You may experience slight discomfort very much similar to a rubber band snapping on your skin. There is numbing cream available in the market, you can purchase them. The ice that goes along the treatment also gives you a cooling effect.
- You may experience little redness. If you have very sensitive skin then you may also experience some bumps and swelling in the area fir at least 48 hours.
- Try to remain extremely calm and composed during and treatment and try not to move here and there. Stay still. Laser treatment is a very quick procedure and you’ll be done within 15-20 minutes depending on your hair growth.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL POST TREATMENT CARE
After your laser hair removal in the Gurgaon process there is something you should keep in mind to get the best result possible.
- Similar to ore treatment care, avoid any kind of UV rays exposure to your skin for at least 7 days after your laser hair removal process.
- If your skin feels any kind of irritation or seems broken, apply an antibiotic cream or ointment until healed. Do not put too much pressure on your skin and be as gentle as you can.
- Avoid going to the sauna or swimming in chlorine water immediately after your treatment.
Laser hair treatment is extremely beneficial and effective if you follow some simple tips before and after your treatment. Looking for laser hair removal in Gurgaon? Look no further than Garekars MD dermatology clinic. They have the best professional dermatologist for laser hair removal treatment. They also have the highest safety profile.