Having a white bedroom has many advantages. Contrary to what many think, it offers the possibility of decorating in multiple ways, leaving aside the concept that it is a boring color. . In this article we are going to tell you what those feelings it transmits are, as well as the less positive aspects that you should also consider.
This, taking into account that the bedroom ( here some bedroom decor tips from forsimplytech ) is that intimate space where you sleep, rest and live with your partner or with yourself. Whatever the case, it is a sacred place, so the color of the walls cannot be decided lightly.
The white color and the sensations
According to the psychology of color , white has different readings. It evokes purity, cleanliness, peace and tranquility. Experts point out that it helps purify the mind and keep you positive . It’s amazing that a tone like this conveys so much, right?
The great advantage that white has is that it is like a virgin canvas, if you use other colors, textures or decorations in the right measure, you will not lose these sensations. By using it on the walls of your bedroom, rest assured that you will be able to sleep better.
Advantages of having a white bedroom
Among the many advantages of the use of white on the walls of the bedrooms, two stand out quite a bit. The first has to do with light, this neutral tone enhances natural lighting and this prevents you from having to lean on lamps to perform your tasks. You will also get significant savings on your energy bill .
The second advantage that stands out is the ease it offers to decorate. Decorative objects of all kinds and colors go well on white walls . The wooden furniture stands out, as well as the metal ones. The same goes for bedding, rugs, and curtains.
But, don’t think that these are the only advantages of having a white bedroom. We also tell you that it is the ideal tone for small spaces and even without windows. Not only does it make them look brighter, it makes them visually larger than they actually are.
Tips for using white in bedrooms
White is one of the colors that offers more alternatives and advantages. Here are some tips that can be useful when painting with this color. Take careful note!
- White is the best base color and allows you to play with other colors . However, when combined with other cool colors you have to balance a bit. A good option is to use wooden furniture to highlight all the tones.
- If your room has dark floors, the white color on the walls will highlight this tone without making the bedroom look dark. On the contrary, it will give life to that type of soil . The same goes for dark ceilings or window frames.
- Use it to “rehabilitate” an old bedroom or on exposed brick . The result is incredible, it seems that you are sleeping in a completely different place.
- If you are looking to impose a natural decoration, white is essential. This color combines very well with natural fibers , ethnic fabrics and with iron.
- Using white furniture in a bedroom of this same color gives a feeling of calm and enormous lightness. If you are looking for tranquility, add this tone also in the decoration of the site.
The few downsides
As nothing can be perfect, not even white, we will tell you what are the disadvantages of using it in bedrooms. However, remember that everything has a solution, seen from another angle.
- The white color for the bedrooms can become boring and monotonous , if you prefer a simple decoration that does not include pictures, extra furniture or carpets, elements with which this tone is enhanced.
- If you do not combine it with other colors or do it with those of the cold range, it can give a feeling of cold and excess of sobriety.
- Being the biggest disadvantage, white walls tend to get dirty very easily . However, what is recommended is to purchase a washable paint. This makes it easier to remove stains, without affecting the tone or the wall.
Do you dare to have a white bedroom?
Having a white bedroom has more advantages than disadvantages. As a summary of this article, if you are looking to rest in a room that offers you calm, tranquility and peace of mind , it is the color you are looking for. Go ahead and try some of the combinations we are talking about to get out of the monotony!