How to access Thunderbird emails into Outlook?
This article will show you how to open Thunderbird emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, or 2010. It will guide you how to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook. It also suggests a useful third-party program MBOX to PST Converter for resolving the problem.
Thunderbird—a free email client
Everyone prefers Thunderbird as a free email client application for news feeds and mail data administration. This open source cross-platform, designed by Mozilla Corporation, is an excellent alternative for thousands of small enterprises and personal email clients.
When it comes to the email extension, it saves mailbox data in MBOX files.
Thunderbird and Outlook are two different program.
Other email clients, such as Mac Entourage, Apple Mail, Poco Mail, Eudora, and others, can use these files. However, MBOX files are not supported by Microsoft Outlook, the most widely used email client application for professionals.
Need to Convert Mozilla Thunderbird Emails to Microsoft Outlook?
Mozilla Thunderbird is an excellent choice for managing your email accounts if you are a newbie, beginning a business, or searching for a cost-effective solution. If you’re a business owner seeking for a more secure and powerful solution, Microsoft Office Outlook is exactly what you need. The fact that Thunderbird is free makes it less safe.
Thunderbird is less secure because it is a free open source application that does not allow you to file a loss claim. Another major benefit of switching from Thunderbird to Outlook is the advanced feature support, which allows for improved collaboration, communications, and integration.
Additional Reasons for Migration
- Greater adaptability
- Accuracy has improved.
- Improved Email Administration
- Processing Speed Improvements
- Graphical User Interface Enhancement
- Technological progress
- Improved Mailbox Storage Capacity
When migrating from Thunderbird to PST, the most important factor to consider is how to convert because the two formats support various file formats.
How to switch from Thunderbird to Outlook?
Fortunately, Thunderbird Emails are accessible in Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010. To do so, a user must export Thunderbird emails and import them into Outlook. To meticulously design the migration request, both manual and automated approaches are available.
Let’s look at each one individually.
Prior to migration, take the following steps to avoid data loss: backup your files.
Method 1: Drag-and-Drop
This procedure is split into two parts. You must export MBOX messages to EML files in the first phase, and then import EML files into PST in the second phase.
Phase 1: Export Process Steps
- Open and Run Thunderbird.
- Choose which messages to export.
- Create a New Folder on your desktop.
- After that, drag all of the emails you want.
- Finally, drop into a newly created desktop folder.
Phase 2: Process of Import
- Open MS Outlook by clicking the button.
- Navigate to the Folder where the exported messages will be imported.
Limitation: Drag Desktop Folder Data into Outlook Folder It only works with Outlook 2010 or prior versions.
Method 2: IMAP Migration
It is an Internet standard protocol that allows two-way synchronization between an email client and another online email account.
The procedure is as follows:
- Using an IMAP server, configure your Gmail account in Thunderbird.
- Then, in Gmail, make a New Folder.
- Move all messages that require exporting from here.
- All Thunderbird mails have now been exported to Gmail.
- Create the same Gmail account in MS Outlook using IMAP or POP.
After that, download emails.
Limitation: This method can only move a limited number of emails.
Method 3: Import-Mailbox Data to MBOX File
The steps are as follows:
- Select the File tab.
- Select Mailboxes to Import.
- Select the MBOX Files option and Hit Continue.
- Choose a location to save the file.
- After that, select MBOX Files to import.
- Next, select the items you want to export from the drop-down menu and Hit Done.
- Thunderbird Mailbox Data has now been successfully imported into an MBOX file. However, because MBOX files cannot be simply converted to PST.
Import the Messages from Eudora
- Open Outlook Express and go to the File menu.
- Select Import.
- Select Messages from the drop-down menu.
- After that, pick Eudora.
- Next should be selected.
- Find the location of the .mbox file.
- Click OK -> NEXT once more, then Next -> at long last
- Imported Mailbox is now available in the Local Folders.
- Finally, import your Outlook Express messages into Microsoft Outlook.
- Open MS Outlook by clicking the button.
- Select the File tab.
- Select Open.
- Import and Export Wizard Select Import and Export Wizard
- Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses Now from the Wizard menu, then click Next.
- Choose Outlook Express.
- Make sure the Import Mail option is turned on.
- Finally, select Next.
- Finally, Thunderbird MBOX files are imported and ready to use in Outlook.
Limitation: Time-consuming, requiring extensive technical knowledge, long, and potentially data-losing.
The approaches mentioned above are useful to some extent, however they are not precise for every requirement. Furthermore, because they are manual, they may result in data loss. As a result, there is no assurance of 100 percent accuracy. As a result, using software is the best option.
A professional one-click solution to all manual method flaws. It’s a straightforward, straightforward, and concise solution that doesn’t require many clicks or lengthy processes. Furthermore, no technical experience is required.
To make your process of identifying and selecting a solution easier, we recommend Stellar Converter for MBOX, which has been tried, tested, and approved by professional professionals.
Why Should You Use MBOX to PST Converter?
This finest Advik MBOX to PST Converter produces a superior output with absolutely no effort. Home and professional users alike can work on it thanks to its user-friendly UI. You can easily convert entire mail messages as well as specific pieces using this expert tool. This do-it-yourself software also allows you to append to an existing profile or add a newly created PST file.
Migration from the current set-up to the professional utility: Outlook is fully familiar with the expanding growth of Organizations and their desire to accept Outlook as a principal Emailing platform. Furthermore, this transfer is advantageous in terms of scalability, flexibility, and ease of use.