Crazy Egg vs. Hotjar vs. FullStory: Which is Best?
Behavior analytics tools help you track your users on your properties (website, app) and collect data that will help you draw actionable insights. Those actionable insights will get you the four crucial things that small to medium-sized businesses and solopreneurs need the most:
- Understand the pain points and desires of their target audience.
- Attract prospects that become leads and loyal customers.
- Create and deliver a great on-site experience.
- Deliver world-class services to their customers in their vertical.
In this article, we have compared the three most popular behavior analytics tools: Crazy Egg vs. Hotjar vs. Fullstory.
Crazy Egg vs. Hotjar vs. FullStory: A Comprehensive Comparison
Since all three of them are behavior analytics tools, they all will help them answer some in-depth questions about your target audience, such as:
- Were they active or was the page just open?
- Are they getting stuck somewhere?
- Do they find the website navigation user-friendly?
- Did the prospect find the content they were looking for?
- Why did they churn without signing up or subscribing?
- Did they leave the website because they were frustrated or because they found whatever they were looking for?
But which is the best tool for you?
To ensure that we are comparing them all the same, we have decided to compare the most affordable plan and the features you will have access to. This is because the right features-cost balance is necessary for growing businesses.
Crazy Egg’s Features
You can create heatmaps, surveys, set up A/B testing for designing, and record user sessions. This is quite helpful for small teams who want quick insights about their users.
However, Crazy Egg doesn’t provide ways to engage with your target audience with pop-up messages or track funnels unless you upgrade to higher plans. This means you need additional tools and processes to take action from this app.
Verdict: Crazy Egg is more suited for intermediate to advanced marketers focussing on conversion rate optimization.
The issue with Hotjar is you need to pay around twice as much as you would for any other behavior analytics tool we have discussed in this post. The reason is, that Hotjar has bifurcated its features into two categories:
- Observe: contains heatmaps, recording live sessions, etc.
- Ask: surveys, pop-ups, etc.
Although the tool is quite easy-to-use that even beginner-level marketers need no time to get started, it is a bit hard on the budget.
Verdict: Hotjar is more suited for larger marketing teams with higher budgets.
In terms of features, FullStory has no match. It has advanced dashboards, auto-generated user sentiment analysis, and easily integrates with your existing tech stack. On top of that, its mobile app helps you stay on top of things on the go.
Verdict: FullStory is for enterprises and large businesses only.
This ends the Crazy Egg vs. Hotjar vs. FullStory discussion in a stalemate and a question.
Is there a tool for small businesses and solopreneurs to track their audience and gather data that will help them get actionable insights?
Webmaxy, a new and innovative behavior analytics tool solves the problem.
Apart from the fact that it fits easily into everyone’s budget, it contains all the features you will ever need, not just to collect data about your audience, but also to engage with them.
Why Webmaxy Is The Best Behavior Analytics Tool
To make the analysis of Webmaxy compressive and simple, we have segregated its features into two categories:
- Tracking features
- Engaging features
Let’s start with the tracking features.
Behavior Tracking Features Of Webmaxy
- Heatmaps: It graphically shows the click density of a webpage. Go to Analyze>Heatmap. Then, click on the “Create a heatmap” button at the top right corner and follow the prompts to create a heatmap for a particular page.
After that, leave some time for Webmaxy to collect data and click on the red play buttons to view them.
Top center dropdown: View click densities of your audience from different devices.
Top right: Set the dates to view the click densities within that time.
- Scroll maps: It shows how far a visitor scrolls into your web pages. Use the toggle at the bottom center.
The red-colored area sees more engagement as compared to the green one.
- Live recordings: Go to Analyze>Sessions to access all the live recordings. You can see other details such as location, device, and browser details about the visitors.
To play a session recording, click the red play button.
Add notes at various points in the recording to mark areas of improvement through the button at the bottom right.
- Funnels: This will help you to test the conversion rates of funnels and campaigns. Conversion is said to be complete when a visitor completes a set of steps in a sequence set by you.
Navigate to Analyze>Funnels and hit the “Create new funnel” button at the top right and follow the instructions to create a Funnel.
Use the green “edit” icon in the middle to change the steps in the conversion funnel later if required. Click on the blue “graph” icon on the left to view its performance.
Engagement Features Of Webmaxy
- Surveys: Learn more about your audience’s pain points and expectations through surveys in Webmaxy. Go to Engage>Survey, click the “Create new survey” button at the top right, and follow the on-screen instructions.
You will see two options:
- Start from scratch
- Build from a template
Starting from scratch will give you more freedom, but building from a template will be faster.
After setting the questions of the survey post choosing a template, you can set them to pop up on certain pages when certain conditions are met.
- Push Notifications: There is no better way to immediately reach your audience than sending them a push notification. A push notification is equivalent to a tap on the shoulder.
Go to Engage> Push Notifications, click on the “Create a New Push Notification “ button at the top right, and follow the instructions.
To deliver value in every possible way to your target audience, you need to understand them which requires the right tool. There are three tools that help you collect behavior analytics data: Crazy Egg vs. Hotjar vs. FullStory.
Webmaxy is the best option for growing businesses and solopreneurs for the following reasons:
- Easy to set up. Takes a few minutes.
- Fits every budget.
- Contains lots of features even in the basic plan.
Webmaxy offers a free 14-day trial. Sign up today!
We hope we helped you choose the right tool in the Crazy Egg vs. Hotjar vs. FullStory debate.